Effective Date: Dec. 14, 2010
Amended: April 26, 2016
2.444 Shift Briefings
A. Officers will report on time, in the uniform of the day and prepared to begin the shifts.
B. Shift supervisors are to:
- Ensure current information is listed on the duty roster before the shift begins.
- Conduct formal and informal inspections of their personnel and equipment to ensure their readiness and fitness for duty.
C. There is no formal pre-shift briefing. Supervisors become responsible for meeting with each officer during the shift to disseminate information which includes, but not limited to:
- Daily patrol activities/special assignments;
- Unusual situations;
- Potential or actual officer hazards;
- Changes in the status of wanted persons;
- Stolen vehicles;
- Major investigations;
- Reported incidents for at least the last 24 hours;
- Changes in schedules and assignments;
- New and/or modified directives;
- New and/or modified laws and regulations;
- Relevant community based initiatives; and
- Relevant training materials.
D. Officers should seek clarification on information received as appropriate.