Reading, writing, thinking, knowing, doing—making knowledge work.
We are committed to preparing you for life in the 21st century, which means making sure you have the skills and knowledge to succeed in a career that may be characterized by many roles, often across multiple fields.
Our undergraduate curriculum includes 43 credits of general education that trains and encourages you to:
- communicate effectively in many different modes
- gather, synthesize and critically evaluate information
- make ethical and evidence-based decisions
- understand systems and think systemically
- negotiate divergent and competing perspectives.
UB's flexible general-education program encompasses Maryland requirements as well as specific University of Baltimore requirements. You'll be engaged, challenged and offered opportunities to develop skills and competencies that will last a lifetime.
- all students who entered UB prior to fall 2013
- any student who entered UB with 24 or more credits before fall 2014
- all new freshmen (fewer than 24 college credits) who entered UB in fall 2013 and after
- all new students entering UB in fall 2014 and after