Get outside of the classroom. Engage with your community. Learn by serving. Have fun.
Get the scoop on honors events.
Always read your honors emails for updates and registration information.
Have an event idea? Fill us in, and we'll work to make it happen.
Contact Sally Farley with questions and for more information.
Honors and enhanced courses offer opportunities to interact with the world outside the classroom while applying what you learn inside it. You might:
- participate in a service-learning project with a community partner
- work in a team to develop a product for a real-world audience
- immerse yourself in what you're studying through field trips.
Also, free honors workshops, events and trips will enhance your academic credentials; nurture your leadership, personal and professional development; and foster your commitment to community engagement and cultural diversity.
Mark Your Calendar
CONNECTING CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY
Here are a few of the local community partners with which honors students have partnered through service-learning projects and volunteer and co-curricular activities.
- Future Harvest - Chesapeake Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture
- Greater Homewood Community Corporation
- Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake
- Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology: University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future
- Maryland Food Bank