Do you need help completing your 2015-2016 FAFSA? We're available to help you complete your FAFSA each Friday in February. If you complete your FAFSA before March 1st, you could to win a Barnes and Noble gift card at the end of the month!
Maryland residents are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1. Don’t worry – you can make it. If you’re having trouble completing the application, we’re here to help. First, consider what kind of issues you’re having:
- I have some questions about part of the application – I’m not sure what to write.
- I’m not sure I’m eligible. Why should I bother filling out the FAFSA?
- I’ve already filed my FAFSA but I have some changes that could be important.
- I’m lost!
We can assist you with these questions and more. Between now and the deadline, we’re offering FAFSA Fridays – your chance to get in-person help from our financial aid specialists. Stop by UB’s William H. Thumel Sr. Business Center, Room 015, (street address: 11 W. Mt. Royal Ave.) on the following dates:
- Friday, Feb. 6, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 13, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 20, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 27, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Our Financial Aid staff will be available to assist you in completing your 2015-16 FAFSA.
Be sure to bring your 2014 W-2 and federal tax returns (if available).
You will also need your FAFSA PIN. If you don't have it or can't remember, visit the PIN site.
You can also call or write us with your FAFSA and other financial aid questions. The UB Office of Financial Aid is at 410.837.4763 or email email@example.com.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
If you submit your FAFSA before March 1, stop by our office or a FAFSA Friday event to pick up your Eubie Dollar to submit for a drawing to win a Barnes and Noble gift card. For a chance to win, follow the three steps below.
Get your Eubie Dollar from the Office of Financial Aid or a FAFSA Friday event.
Complete your 2015-2016 FAFSA application online at www.fafsa.gov. Take note of your EFC (Expected Family Contribution) given to you upon successful submission of your FAFSA on the confirmation page.
Turn in your completed Eubie Dollar, with your Student ID number and EFC, in the Office of Financial Aid by March 1st.
Contest Rules and Information
- Only 1 entry per person.
- Entries must be received by the Office of Financial Aid by March 1st.
- Each entry must be completely filled out in order to be eligible.
- Winners must have their FAFSA applications submitted online.
FAFSA Tips and Information
- The FAFSA application is free, so if a website asks you to pay to fill it out, you’re not dealing with the official FAFSA site. The official FAFSA site is www.fafsa.gov.
- Use income records for the tax year prior to the academic year for which you are applying: for instance, if you are filling out the 2015–16 FAFSA, you will need 2014 tax information. If your 2014 tax information is unavailable, you may use your 2013 tax information assuming it is fairly similar to 2014's information.
- For more assistance completing FAFSA application, please visit http://fafsa.gov/help.htm or http://studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa. Calling FAFSA can also be helpful; FAFSA's phone number is 1-800-433-3243.