Congratulations on being a UB Foundation Scholarship recipient!
The UB Foundation has an established thank you note process for select scholarships. To retain your scholarship, you must complete the process outlined below. If all requirements below are not completed by December 14, 2017, Financial Aid will remove the UB Foundation Scholarship funding from your account.
*** We are accepting email submissions this year. ***
- You must email a draft of your thank you note,
no later than November 27, 2017
, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your submission may be a word document or in the body of your email.
- You will receive a response within one week, notifying you if your letter has been accepted, or if any changes are required to complete the process.
- If you received thank you note notices for multiple scholarship awards, please indicate in your email to email@example.com that your draft is for multiple awards.
- Please visit this page to see content requirements, writing tips and sample letters.
must submit the completed and signed media release
, which may be found through
- This is the University’s standard release, and is required to share what you have written with your donor.
- We would appreciate it if you would also fill out the student info form on the second page submit it with your media release.
- These materials may be submitted as a PDF of a photograph.
- If you prefer to submit a hand written thank you note:
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- You will bring your draft to your appointment and meet with a member of UB’s Institutional Advancement team in the UB Foundation Building - 1130 N. Charles Street to write your note on UB Foundation cardstock.
- Appointments will be scheduled Nov. 9 – Nov. 20,
Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 3:30pm, only.
- Appointments take approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Only scheduled appointments will be seen.
- Scholarship recipients are required to draft donor thank you notes for each UB Foundation scholarship once each academic year.
- You must email a draft of your thank you note, no later than November 27, 2017 , to email@example.com.
Receiving a sincere thank you note and learning a bit about the recipient of a scholarship is important to our donors, who are interested in knowing how their personal generosity impacts UB students. It is also important to you and to future students – when donors know that their contributions are making a difference, they are encouraged to continue providing UB scholarship support.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this process, and congratulations again!
**If you have questions regarding the awarding of scholarships or service indicator messages on your account please contact the Office of Financial Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org .