Congratulations on being a UB Foundation Scholarship recipient!
The University has an established thank you note process required for select UB Foundation scholarships. To retain your scholarship, you must complete the process outlined below.
*** We are accepting email submissions. ***
- You must email a draft of your thank you note,
no later than March 5, 2018
, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission may be a word document or in the body of your email. PDFs will not be accepted.
- You will receive a response within one week, notifying you if your letter has been accepted, or if any changes are required.
- If you received thank you note notices for multiple scholarship awards, please indicate in your email to email@example.com that your draft is for multiple awards.
- Please visit this page to see content requirements, writing tips and sample letters.
- Student info form and quote of gratitude, which may be found through
- This page only may be submitted as a PDF or as a photograph. Please see above for accepted thank you note draft formats.
- If you wish to submit a photograph, we have found our donors greatly appreciate this gesture.
- If you prefer to make an appointment to draft a hand written thank you note:
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 26, 2018 , to make an appointment.
- You will bring your draft to your appointment and meet with a member of UB’s Institutional Advancement team in the UB Foundation Building - 1130 N. Charles Street to write your note on UB Foundation cardstock.
- Appointments will be scheduled February 26-March 12,
Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 3:30pm, only.
- Appointments take approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Only scheduled appointments will be seen.
IF ALL REQUIREMENTS ABOVE ARE NOT COMPLETED BY MARCH 19, 2018,
FINANCIAL AID WILL REMOVE THE UB FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING FROM YOUR ACCOUNT.
Receiving a sincere thank you note and learning a bit about the recipient of a scholarship is important to our donors, who are interested in knowing how their personal generosity impacts UB students. It is also important to you and to future students – when donors know that their contributions are making a difference, they are encouraged to continue providing UB scholarship support.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this process, and congratulations again!
**If you have questions regarding the awarding of scholarships or service indicator messages on your account please contact the Office of Financial Aid, email@example.com .