MentorConnect: Build Your Network
MentorConnect is a platform that provides students with support and access to professional advice to facilitate success in academics and career planning.
Use Mentor Connect to:
- Connect and network with alumni from University of Baltimore through UBworks.
- Learn more about a specific company, industry, occupation or graduate school.
- Seek advice regarding your specific career fields.
Tips on Searching for Mentors in UBworks:
- Use the detailed search to narrow your search to career field, major and interest.
- Look through several mentor profiles to ensure that you are able to connect to the contact that would be the best addition to your network and will help you achieve your overall purpose.
- Review mentor profiles carefully paying special attention to similarities and notable achievements that you can inquire about later.
Connecting To Mentors:
- Make at least 3-4 connections each time you conduct a search.
- Be prepared to send a professional and personalized email message to the mentors (see samples below or schedule a coaching session with a Career Specialist).
- Give mentors enough time to respond back to you while requesting information.
- Share your career aspirations and future goals.
- Practice your “professional pitch” (Professional Pitch Worksheet).
- Send a Thank You email after the first discussion.
- Remember mentors are volunteering their time to share their career expertise, they should never be expected to provide you with a job.
To Login: Login into MyUB and then click UBworks. On the left side of the sidebar, click Mentor Connect to access the list of mentors