We heard you're headed our way, and we're excited to meet you.
Now that you're an official member of the University of Baltimore community, it's time for us to get to know each other better.
What is orientation?
Orientation is designed to familiarize you with UB. You will be introduced to the diverse academic, leadership, cultural and social experiences available to you during your time here.
During orientation, you will:
- be welcomed into the UB community
- learn about college life and culture
- learn about campus resources and facilities (and where to go for what)
- get a feel for your academic requirements and how to build a path to success
- explore student services and ways to get involved
- get to know your classmates and faculty
- begin building relationships with UB community including faculty, staff and other students.
Parking and Directions:
- click here for directions to campus
- click here for campus map (park in Fitzgerald or Maryland garage)
- please keep your parking stub; you will receive a coupon at the end of the day for discounted ($7) parking
- orientation leaders will guide you from the parking garage once you arrive
- orientation will begin with check-in and a resource fair at the Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric
- check-in for undergraduate orientation begins promptly at 9 a.m. on Aug. 26 and the program ends at 4:30 p.m.
- check-in for graduate orientation begins promptly at 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 27 and the program ends at 2:30 p.m. (some programs finish later; see your program director for details)
Orientation participation is required for all new students. If an emergency arises and you are unable to attend, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Undergraduate Students attending classes at the Universities at Shady Grove also have the option of attending orientation at the Rockville, Md., campus on Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016.