A Welcome Back Reading with the MFA Faculty
- Hilda and Michael Bogomolny Room
- Professor Marion Winik is the author of The Big Book of the Dead and the winner of the 2019 Towson Prize for Literature. She is the host of The Weekly Reader podcast and a board member of the National Book Critics Circle.
- Professor Jane Delury was named the winner of the 2019 Sue Kaufman Prize for First Fiction for her 2018 debut novel-in-stories, The Balcony, published by Little, Brown. She has also received a PEN/O. Henry Prize and the F. Scott Fitzgerald Story Award.
- Professor Steven Leyva is a Cave Canem Fellow, the winner of the 2012 Cobalt Review Poetry Prize, and author of the chapbook Low Parish. He is the editor of Little Patuxent Review.
- Professor Betsy Boyd is the recipient of a Maryland State Arts Council Award, an Elliot Coleman Writing Fellowship, and a James A. Michener Fellowship. Her short story "Scarecrow" received a Pushcart Prize. She directs the MFA program.
Free and open to the public. The series is sponsored by the Hearst Visiting Scholars Fund.
For information about the M.F.A. in Creative Writing & Publishing Arts Program: www.ubalt.edu/creativewriting
- Contact Name:
- Betsy Boyd
- Contact Email:
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request 10 days prior to a campus event and 30 days prior to an event requiring travel.