Cancelled: UB Retirement Plan Summit presented by the Merrick School of Business & Raymond James.
- William H. Thumel Sr. Business Center
Register online at http://www.ubretirementplansummit.com/
The University of Baltimore and Raymond James are pleased to present a half-day thought leadership summit on governance issues facing retirement plan sponsors. Representatives from the U.S. Government Accountability Office and the U.S. Department of Labor will be sharing insights from their ERISA research and activities. A roundtable of industry professionals will address trends and best practices from legal, accounting, insurance, and investment perspectives. We hope that you can join us for this free event!
Topics & Issues
- Origins of ERISA enforcement activities, including criminal, civil and informal complaint resolution
- Limitations of §408(b)(2) and §404(a)(5) fee disclosure regulations
- Disparities between actual plan expenses and those reported on Form 5500 Schedule C and independent auditors' report
- Cost allocation methods, expense accounting and related fiduciary risks
- Fiduciary liability insurance claims experience and trends in ERISA litigation
- Importance of education and communication in mitigating risk
- Plan conversions and terminations - fiduciary best practices during mergers and acquisitions
This event is suited for retirement plan sponsors, business owners, and C-level executives, as well as human resource, legal, and accounting professionals.
- Contact Name:
- Office of the Dean
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone: