Optional Practical Training Seminar for Graduating F-1 Students
- William H. Thumel Sr. Business Center
Are you an F-1 student who is graduating in Spring 2017?
Learn about Optional Practical Training (OPT), a type of post-graduation employment authorization available to F-1 visa students through US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
We will discuss:
- -- How and when to apply
- -- Your SEVIS reporting requirements while on OPT
- -- New STEM OPT Extension regulations
- -- Basics of H-1B Temporary Worker status
- -- Q&A session
- -- Job search tips
- -- OPT application packets will be distributed and reviewed
Graduating students are required to attend.
All F-1 students are welcome to attend.
Presenter: Wendy Burgess, Director, Office of International Services
- Contact Name:
- Wendy Burgess
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request 10 days prior to a campus event and 30 days prior to an event requiring travel.