Upper-Division Writing Placement
In order to register for Composition and Research (WRIT 300)—an upper-division general education writing course required of all majors—you must either pass Practicum in Writing (WRIT 200) or score a 300 on the Upper-Division Writing Placement. This placement test should be taken by your second registration at UBalt.
About the Writing Placement
- This placement can only be taken once.
- You must R.S.V.P. for this placement by no later than 10 a.m. on Sept. 27 using your UBalt e-mail address.
- If there is no R.S.V.P. field below, then this section is full—please try another date.
- No shows will have only one opportunity to reschedule and must do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be sure to log in to the Writing Placement promptly at the designated start time. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
- This placement is computer-based and will require your NET ID.
For Writing Placement Test Instructions
Click here for test instructions, as well as grading criteria and optional test preparation workshop dates.
*This placement is not for first-year students or sophomores requiring WRIT 101.
- Contact Name:
- Sarah Berger
- Contact Email:
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request 10 days prior to a campus event and 30 days prior to an event requiring travel.