UB Marketing Club Kick-Off Meeting
- William H. Thumel Sr. Business Center
The UB Marketing Club will be holding its first meeting of the season. This is an excellent opportunity, whether a marketing major or not, to enhance your marketing skills.
Below are some reasons why you would want to join the club, as well as why you might want to consider a leadership position:
Reasons to Join the Marketing Club:
1) Opportunity to gain exposure to marketing in the “real world” with a focus on career development.
2) Opportunity to interact with guest speakers and alumni.
3) Develop a sound thinking in marketing and more exact knowledge and definition of marketing principles.
4) To help market UB to prospective students and to market the club to new students.
5) Promote friendly relations between students, faculty, and members of the business community.
6) Assist students in their job search – learn how to market his or herself.
7) Participate in activities that enhance the UB community.
8) Explore technology and learn how it can benefit the field of marketing and how it can help students in their job search.
9) Become a service provider to help other UB clubs / organizations create marketing plans and market themselves.
Reasons to Become an Officer:
1) All the same reasons a student would wish to join the club plus:
2) Play a key role in creating a long-term business / marketing plan for the club.
3) Help with the review process of the Constitution & Bylaws to ensure that they are in keeping with the needs and activates of the club.
4) Map out the strategic plan for the fall semester and beyond.
All of the officer positions are presently available. As a member or an officer, I believe you will find the energy invested in the club to be well worth your time. Our goal will be to hold nomination and if possible, elections during our initial meeting.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Prof. van Vliet
- Contact Name:
- Frank R. van Vliet
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request 10 days prior to a campus event and 30 days prior to an event requiring travel.