You Know the University of Baltimore.
You know us because we’ve been educating leaders for nearly 100 years; you know us through our faculty’s outstanding research and teaching; you know us thanks to the hard work and dedication of UB alumni, students and staff. You know us because we are the University of Baltimore.
Explore our 70-plus undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs and certificates to find your best fit.
Learn more about the University of Baltimore's mascot, Eubie.
From its beginnings, the University has granted educational access to a remarkably wide range of students: working adults, first-generation college goers, career-changers, and those who require the flexibility not found in traditional college settings.
- 1925: The University of Baltimore was founded as a private night School of Law and College of Business Administration.
- 1937: A junior college was added.
- 1975: The University became a public institution under the Board of Trustees of State Universities and Colleges, shifting its structure to an upper-division undergraduate, master's-level and professional institution.
- 1988: UB joined the University of Maryland System (now known as the University System of Maryland).
- 2007: UB returned to four-year undergraduate education as part of the state's plan for higher education, in response to the increased demand for accessible, high-quality public education.
Read about UB's presidential history.
The University of Baltimore is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
The University also holds specialized accreditations from AACSB International (Merrick School of Business), CALEA (University of Baltimore Police), and other agencies and organizations, and is committed to meet its obligations as outlined in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 and in other reporting requirements.
The University of Baltimore School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 N. Clark St., Chicago, Ill. 60654. Telephone: 312.988.6738.
UB is nationally recognized by CollegeNET for its prowess in supporting the social mobility of its graduates.