Disability and Access Services
Disability and Access Services is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for students with documented disabilities and works to ensure access to all campus facilities and programs.
Academic Center, Room 111
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
map and directions
- Monday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 5:0 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
DAS will operate both in-person and remotely for the Fall 2022 semester.
UMBPD Police Info: If you are d/Deaf, hard of hearing, d/Deaf-blind, or if you have a speech disorder and wish to contact the University of Maryland, Baltimore Police Department, call Maryland Relay at 1.800.201.7165.
UB's General Nondiscrimination Statement
Any ADA concerns should be directed to Disability and Access Services at 410.837.4755.
Our services include:
- accommodations for the classroom and for campus life
- accessibility on campus
- advocacy support for students registered with the office.
- assure you are provided appropriate adjustments and support to facilitate your access to UBalt’s academic programs
- validate your needs as required under the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAA), reviewing and assessing documentation and determining appropriate, necessary accommodations and support
- address systemic ableism and attitudes regarding disability- encouraging acceptance and dispelling myths
- encourage use of and make available training for assistive technologies
- provide referrals for work and personal achievement to support and promote a well-balanced life outside of UBalt
- assist UBalt’s Office of Facilities Management with design suggestions to help ensure UBalt facilities are accessible.