COVID-19 OPERATIONAL STATUS:
***Textbooks for summer and fall are now available in the online store. Fall financial aid for textbook and campus store purchases will be available soon.***
SHIPPING STATUS FOR UB REGALIA FOR THURSDAY, MAY 20 CEREMONY
Per an update from the Executive Vice President of Oak Hall at 9:44pm on Monday, May 17, half of the items shipped Monday via overnight air for delivery by the end of the day Tuesday, May 18. The other half of the shipments will go out Tuesday, May 18 for delivery by 12 noon on Wednesday, May 19.
Update: As of 9:30pm on Tuesday, May 18, all UB orders placed by Thursday, May 13 have shipped.
APOLOGY FROM GRADUATION REGALIA VENDOR FOR DELAYED SHIPMENTS
Oak Hall would like to apologize for the delay in regalia delivery to the University of Baltimore graduates.
This is the first time in 132 years that Oak Hall has been in this situation. While we know why it happened: every time regulations would loosen we saw….last minute ceremonies, increased attendance, guests suddenly being allowed, adding 2020 ceremonies, etc. With each change the demand increased across the country. We were overwhelmed. Hence we were forced to prioritize delivery based on ceremony dates.
I understand that is not the concern of your students and parents. Please know Oak Hall is doing everything possible to ensure delivery in time for commencements.
Are we running late…yes. Later than scheduled or when students want them… yes. And for that we are genuinely sorry.
The good news is… with hundreds of ceremonies already behind us, our shift to shipping by ceremony date has helped to get regalia to everyone before their ceremony. University of Baltimore graduates can be assured that their regalia will be delivered by Wednesday, May 19th.
BOOKSTORE CONTACT INFORMATION
Bookstore Customer Service Line, 9am-9pm daily: 800-325-3252
Link to Bookstore Customer Service Page for Inquiries by Email
Link to Bookstore Help and Contact Center: Help Topics Listed
TEXTBOOKS FROM ONLINE STORE:
The textbook vendor, BNC Virtual is still fully functional for purchases of new and used textbooks, rental textbooks and e-books. Also, the customer service phone line 1-800-325-3252, is available Monday through Friday, except on major holidays to assist you with questions, returns, and Price Match if you find a book at a lower cost. And shipping is currently FREE while we work through COVID-19.
Spring Textbook Credit for law, graduate and undergraduate sessions opens December 7, 2020 on the student portal and the last day to request credit for first session courses is February 7, 2021. Remember that the credits must be posted before your financial aid disburses. Credit for second session opens March 8, 2021; the last day to request credit for second session is April 2, 2021, Questions? Email email@example.com
As you know, UBalt's bookstore is fully online; the website to purchase textbooks is available, and books will be mailed directly to UBalt and Shady Grove students. Textbook credit is being processed through the UBalt Student Portal. Here is more information about how to place an order, where to obtain textbook and campus store credit, and how to return rental textbooks. Other helpful links are in the left hand menu.
Also, faculty textbook adoptions are being taken here. More helpful links are available in the left hand menu. For textbook adoption questions such as more recent editions, you may contact Sean Dennehy at BNC Virtual.
VIRTUAL CAMPUS STORE UPDATE:
Spring semester Hive Campus Store Credit will open on the student portal December 7, 2020; the last day to request credit is February 5, 2021. Credit may be used online through May 14, 2021; unused credit will be refunded after May 17, 2021.
The Hive is operational online, though the Student Center store is closed and will remain closed through the spring semester, however, purchases may be made online and Campus Store Credit may be used. School supplies, headphones, backpacks, laptops, and UBalt apparel can all be purchased online here ; some items can also be shipped directly from the vendor. If you need assistance with matters for the campus store, you may contact Tyrell Hill, the onsite store manager. Veterans who need assistance with the purchase of a computer may also contact Tyrell Hill.
USE OF FINANCIAL AID FOR TEXTBOOKS AND THE ONLINE CAMPUS STORE
CAMPUS STORE CREDIT is used to buy school supplies, headphones, backpacks, laptops, and UBalt apparel through The Hive virtual campus store, including items shipped directly from the vendor. Apply for credit through the Portal, and read more here, and FAQs here. Note that if additional credit is needed to buy a computer that you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Welcome to the UBalt campus store
Here's where you'll find everything you need to start your classes. Ready? Let's go!
Get Your UBalt Spirit!
Looking for UBalt-branded apparel and gifts? That perfect item that says "UBalt is my favorite place"? Visit The Hive and "Bee" a part of our community!
use your campus store credit
Use your campus store credit at The Hive for all your supplies.
buying or renting course materials online - here's how
Visit this site to order online.
Add your courses in the course materials tool.
Choose Rent or Buy your pre-loaded materials.
Select your preferred shipping option and go to checkout.
Check your email for a confirmation. Any order over $59 ships for free!
DIPLOMA FRAME UPDATE:
Frames ordered from CHURCH HILL CLASSIC (usually larger frames, masters' degrees):
- Vendor is experiencing delays of about one month as the result of COVID-19. Customer service contact information is below for customers to check their order status.
- Look up order: https://www.diplomaframe.com/customer-service.aspx
- Customer Service Email: email@example.com
- Customer Service Phone: 800.477.9005
Frames ordered from FRAMING SUCCESS (usually smaller frames):
Vendor is experiencing delays of about one month as the result of COVID-19. Customer service contact information is below for customers to check their order status.
Look up order/contact form:
Customer Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Phone: 800.677.3726
Frames ordered through The Hive Campus Store:
Email Contact: SM557@bncollege.com
DIPLOMA, CAP AND GOWN INFORMATION AND 2020 REFUNDS:
- REFUNDS: For items purchased in the physical Student Center store in 2020, before the campus closed for Covid-19, refunds for graduation regalia are still available with the cash register receipt or credit card bank statement which indicates the purchase location was the UBalt bookstore. Contact Tyrell Hill via email for assistance.
- REFUNDS: For graduation items such as tassels, caps, gowns, hoods, stoles and other regalia items purchased online through Oak Hall in 2020 or later, refunds are available. Contact information for refunds for Oak Hall merchandise: 1-800-456-7623 or email@example.com.
- Barnes & Noble will give a full refund for all cap, gown, tassel other graduation attire purchased, with receipt, as long as the items are not damaged.
- Diploma frames will still be delivered to students, or students may request a refund.
- The offer to refund will be honored until the time of graduation, whenever that may take place, even if the ceremony is held virtually.
OTHER CAMPUS STORE INFORMATION:
- The Hive campus store is closed until further notice. Barnes & Noble is still fully operational though not on campus, and the refund policy has not changed.
- The website is still operational. Store pickup will not be available until further notice, and shipping will be the only option for online purchases.
- The store manager may be reached at SM557@bncollege.com.