How do I order textbooks online?
1) UB campus and Shady Grove students may apply for Bookstore Credit at the student portal if using. Students who have financial aid usually use Bookstore Credit. See FAQs in the left hand navigation menu for details.
2) Click the "Order Textbooks" link, which is at the top of the left hand navigation menu. This will take you to the order screen.
3 ) Enter your course numbers and select textbooks among available options.
4) Select shipping options, keeping in mind Bookstore Credit can be used to pay shipping costs directly to you.
Need to return rental books?
Towards the end of the semester, students will receive reminder emails from MBS Direct to return textbooks. Instructions on how to return the rented books will be included, and students will have up to 7 days after classes end to print out the return label and send the books back.
- Log in to your MBS Direct account and go to the rentals section of your account.
- Choose the rental(s) you are returning and follow the steps on screen to submit your information.
- Print the packing slip and free pre-paid shipping label.
- Securely pack your rental books in a sturdy box with your packing slip. You must use MBS Direct's free pre-paid UPS shipping label.
- Drop the package at any UPS Location. Once this label has been scanned, you will no longer receive reminder emails.
What is the return policy?
If you need to return a textbook, contact an MBS Direct customer service representative at 1-800-325-3252; this line is open 24/7 daily, except major holidays. Once you begin the return process, you will receive email status updates. Refunds are usually processed in 2-3 weeks.
Textbooks delivered to campus will be sent back to MBS Direct if left unclaimed either 3 weeks after the order has left the warehouse, or 2 weeks after classes have started, whichever is longer. This fall, law classes begin on August 20, therefore unclaimed law textbooks will be returned to MBS Direct beginning September 3; graduate/undergraduate classes begin August 27, and unclaimed textbooks will be returned beginning September 10.