UBalt's textbook store is fully operational online during COVID-19 for UBalt and Shady Grove students, with FREE shipping currently offered. The link to order textbooks is "Order Textbooks" in the left hand menu.
How do I order textbooks online?
1) UBalt campus and Shady Grove students may apply for Bookstore Credit at the student portal if using. Students who have financial aid usually use Bookstore Credit. See FAQs in the left hand navigation menu for details.
2) Click the "Order Textbooks" link, which is at the top of the left hand navigation menu. This will take you to the order screen.
3 ) Enter your course numbers and select textbooks among available options.
4) Select shipping options, keeping in mind Bookstore Credit can be used to pay shipping costs directly to you.
Need to return rental books?
Towards the end of the semester, students will receive reminder emails from BNC Virtual to return textbooks. Instructions on how to return the rented books will be included, and students will have up to 7 days after classes end to print out the return label and send the books back.
- Log in to your BNC Virtual account and go to the rentals section of your account.
- Choose the rental(s) you are returning and follow the steps on screen to submit your information.
- Print the packing slip and free pre-paid shipping label.
- Securely pack your rental books in a sturdy box with your packing slip. You must use BNC Virtual's free pre-paid UPS shipping label.
- Drop the package at any UPS Location. Once this label has been scanned, you will no longer receive reminder emails.
What is the return policy?
If you need to return a textbook, contact an BNC Virtual customer service representative through the Contact Us page, except on major holidays. Once you begin the return process, you will receive email status updates. Refunds are usually processed in 2-3 weeks.
When the campus is open, textbooks delivered to campus will be sent back to BNC Virtual if left unclaimed either 3 weeks after the order has left the warehouse, or 2 weeks after classes have started, whichever is longer. During COVID-19, books cannot be sent to the campus since The Hive is closed.