Every University of Baltimore student needs books, right? How about school supplies? UBalt branded merchandise? A cup of coffee or a snack? Yes, to all of that!
The Hive campus store is located on the first floor of the UBalt Student Center, 21 W. Mt. Royal Ave. and is stocked with UBalt logo apparel, school supplies, snacks, and computers, and it's also available online. All textbooks are sold online at ubalt.edu/Bookstore through our partner BNC Virtual.
Our textbook partner, BNC Virtual offers a wide range of format options. New and used books, textbook rentals, and e-books are available. UBalt campus and Shady Grove students can buy and sell, rent and return, and arrange for delivery. Also, Textbook Credit, which will even pay for shipping, is available for eligible students. At The Hive, Campus Store Credit may be used to buy school supplies, backpacks, and computers.
How to save money on textbooks:
- Used textbooks are sold at a discount from new books. BNC Virtual guarantees you will receive the correct book, unlike other online merchants who may send an incorrect edition and offer no recourse.
- Consider "Buyback", which is a program where BNC Virtual will purchase the book back from you at the end of the semester. If a textbook is eligible for buyback, the price paid to the student, the "buyback price" will be shown in the online bookstore at the beginning of the semester when the book is originally purchased. BNC Virtual's customer service will help you arrange to return the book at the end of the semester.
- Rental books are also returned to BNC Virtual at the end of the semester with the help of customer service. Since rental books are not actually purchased, the cost is lower.
- Digital books save money as well. Also, digital books may be purchased for just a semester, which would cost less than access for a year's time, and much less than a hard copy book.
- Use Price Match if you see the book at a lower cost from Amazon or an eligible vendor. If you find the book at a lower price, contact the customer service line and arrange to receive a refund.