College presents challenges for students at all levels. Our goal is to help you rise to meet those challenges.
You will not be alone on this journey—your extended academic support system at The University of Baltimore includes access to:
Academic Advising Offices
Academic advisers for each school are available to discuss your academic plan to ensure you meet your degree requirements.
- Office of First-Year Experience
- College of Public Affairs
- Merrick School of Business
- Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Law
Career and Internship Center
- Set academic and career goals.
- Find jobs and internships.
- Create and polish your resume.
Office of Disability and Access Services
- Attain campus accommodations for documented disabilities.
Office of Student Support
- Get guidance about University procedures.
- Find support for dealing with personal difficulties.
- Take advantage of opportunities to show your UBalt pride and celebrate your personal achievements.
Computer Labs and Technology
- Get set up with your network and email accounts.
- Access computers and printers in seven different buildings.
- Borrow cameras, laptops, digital voice recorders and more for free.
- Take advantage of hardware and software discounts.
Diversity and International Services
- Learn about study-abroad and cultural-immersion opportunities.
Office of Financial Aid
- Learn more about paying for college via financial aid, grants, loans and scholarships.
Robert L. Bogomolny Library
- Get help with locating, evaluating and using online and print resources to help you with your studies and research.
- Meet with a librarian for help with research and writing projects.
- Get assistance by phone, email and IM—or in person.
- Academic Support Services (These services are available to both undergraduate and graduate students, and in many cases are offered both on-campus and online.)
- Tutoring: Work with a tutor to master course content.
- Writing Consultations: Get feedback on your written assignments at any point in the process, from getting started to final editing.
- Math Support: Work with math tutors for help in your 100 level math course, no appointment necessary.
- Academic Coaching: Reach your goals with tips and feedback on time management, memory, organizing, exam taking and efficient reading.
- Workshops: Review or update your computer and math skills, polish your writing, or get learning and success tips.
Rosenberg Center for Student Engagement and Inclusion
- Get involved with clubs and organizations.
- Learn how to be an effective leader and take on a leadership role.
- Get engaged with the UBalt community.
- Speak with a real person who can help you with your problem or create an incident report for following up with your professor.
UBalt Police Department
- Register for the campus text alert system through MyUBalt to be alerted to any emergency that might impact you as a UBalt community member.
- Register your bike.
- Request an escort (after 11 p.m.) while you're on campus.