Assurance of Learning: M.A. in Publications Design
Mission Statement: The mission of the Master of Arts in Publications Design program is to help students develop critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills to address a wide variety of communication challenges in both writing and design. The curriculum provides students with instruction in concepts, knowledge, and skills in writing and design across media, and offers hands-on learning opportunities in which students integrate writing and design. Graduates of this program are prepared for jobs as graphic designers, writers, directors of communications and/or publications, and a variety of other positions in businesses, non-profits, government agencies, and freelance businesses.
Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduating from the M.A. in Publications Design program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate the conceptual, aesthetic and strategic communication skills required of professional writers and designers
- integrate design and writing
- analyze current and emerging technologies for writing and design
- effectively communicate to specific audiences through writing and design
- demonstrate an understanding of the historical and societal impact of communication issues
- collaborate to manage and present solutions to complex communications challenges.