Certificate in Digital Communication Certificate Requirements
- These requirements apply to students entering this program in fall 2014 and thereafter. Students who enrolled earlier should consult the catalog in effect at the time they enrolled.
- You can also reference the graduation requirements for the year in which you enrolled on the portal; view graduation requirements by year (PDF) in the right-hand column of your MyResources page.
- Read the course descriptions.
This 12-credit program requires the following:
Required Course (3 credits)
- Design Thinking (PBDS 719) or
The Digital Economy (PBDS 720)
Electives (9 credits)
Choose three. You’ll work with an adviser to determine the most helpful set of courses for your individual needs.
You are responsible for satisfying all prerequisites before registering for courses.
- Introduction to Digital Video (PBDS 602)
- Information Design (PBDS 647)
- Introduction to Web Development (PBDS 660)
- Advanced Web Design (PBDS 661)
- Design for Digital Environments (PBDS 662)
- Motion Graphics for Interactive Media (PBDS 670)
- Motion Graphics for Film & Video (PBDS 671)
- Writing for Digital Environments (PBDS 692)
- The Digital Economy (PBDS 720)
- Interaction and Interface Design (IDIA 612)
- Sequential Visualization and Analysis (IDIA 614)
- Information Architecture (IDIA 630)
- Research Methods (IDIA 642)
- Creative Concepts (DESN 617)