Certificate in Digital Communication Requirements
- These requirements apply to students entering this program in fall 2018 and thereafter. Students who enrolled earlier should consult the catalog in effect at the time they enrolled.
- You can also reference the graduation requirements for the year in which you enrolled on the portal; view graduation requirements by year (PDF) in the right-hand column of your MyResources page.
- Read the course descriptions.
This 12-credit program requires the following:
Required Course (3 credits)
- PBDS 719 Design Thinking or PBDS 720 The Digital Economy
Electives (9 credits)
Choose three. You’ll work with an adviser to determine the most helpful set of courses for your individual needs.
You are responsible for satisfying all prerequisites before registering for courses.
- DESN 617 Creative Concepts
- IDIA 612 Interaction and Interface Design
- IDIA 614 Sequential Visualization and Analysis
- IDIA 630 Information Architecture
- IDIA 642 Research Methods
- PBDS 602 Introduction to Digital Video
- PBDS 647 Information Design
- PBDS 660 Introduction to Web Development
- PBDS 661 Advanced Web Design
- PBDS 662 Design for Digital Environments
- PBDS 670 Motion Graphics for Interactive Media
- PBDS 671 Motion Graphics for Film & Video
- PBDS 692 Writing for Digital Environments
- PBDS 720 The Digital Economy