Top 10 Reasons Our Students Choose UB
- Follow us on Twitter at @plorkUB.
- Join our Facebook group, University of Baltimore MFA in Creative Writing and Publishing Arts.
1. "You'll walk away with your own published book!"
2. "The faculty and students are amazing."
3. "Real-world advice about publishing."
4. "Recommended by Poets & Writers magazine."
5. "I have a job and need to go to school at night."
6. "Impressive alumni."
7. "Super cool Reading Series."
8. "I love the great variety of courses."
9. "I'm a visual person and I want to study book arts."
10. "Artsy, affordable Baltimore."
Michael F. Klein Fellowship in Creative Writing & Social Justice
We are pleased to announce the Michael F. Klein M.F.A. Fellowship in Creative Writing. Michael F. Klein, a 1976 graduate of the University of Baltimore, has established and funded a fellowship award that promotes an awareness of social justice through creative writing. The fellowship will be awarded to a student whose writing demonstrates artistic merit and a strong interest in the pursuit of social justice. The selected fellow will receive a three-year tuition waiver and a graduate teaching assistantship with a stipend. Learn more about the Michael F. Klein Fellowship in Creative Writing & Social Justice.
2016 M.F.A. Graduates Book Festival and Reading
2016 Plork Award Winner
Amanda McCormick, M.F.A. '16 was the recipient of the 2016 Plork Award for her book of poems, Amanda, which she wrote and produced for her final graduate seminar project. The Plork Award honors a graduate student whose work best exemplifies the spirit of the M.F.A. program, exhibiting extraordinary creativity, originality and imagination in the integration of creative writing and book design. The award carries with it a $500 prize from the Klein Family School of Communications Design’s Randolph Avery Fund. (photo credit: Jennifer Marin Jericho)