Top 10 Reasons Our Students Choose UB:
1. "Artsy, affordable Baltimore."
2. "The faculty and students are amazing."
3. "Real-world advice about publishing."
4. "Recommended by Poets & Writers magazine."
5. "I have a job and need to go to school at night."
6. "Impressive alumni."
7. "Super cool Reading Series."
8. "I love the great variety of courses."
9. "I'm a visual person and I want to study book arts."
10. "You'll walk away with your own published book!"
From our graduates...
This Is How I Thought Things Were Done
by Erin Drew
"I chose the M.F.A. program at UB because it's one of a kind. The program doesn't just focus on the writing, it focuses on the writer. It increased my confidence exponentially. I can't recommend this program enough!"
2016 M.F.A. Graduates Book Festival and Reading
2016 Plork Award Winner
Amanda McCormick, M.F.A. '16 was the recipient of the 2016 Plork Award for her book of poems, Amanda, which she wrote and produced for her final graduate seminar project. The Plork Award honors a graduate student whose work best exemplifies the spirit of the M.F.A. program, exhibiting extraordinary creativity, originality and imagination in the integration of creative writing and book design. The award carries with it a $500 prize from the Klein Family School of Communications Design’s Randolph Avery Fund. (photo credit: Jennifer Marin Jericho)