Creative Writing & Publishing Arts Admission Requirements
- a bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university
Note that the GRE is not required for admission to this program.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Contact Us:For more information about graduate admission, please contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com, 410.837.6565.
View our frequently asked questions (and our answers, of course).
- Online application. Complete and submit the online application and pay the $50 application fee. (To pay in-state tuition, you must submit the Maryland In-State Residency form). You can submit your Statement of Personal Interest electronically as part of the online application.
- Official transcript(s). Request that an official transcript of all prior college or university work (including graduate courses, if applicable) be sent directly from each institution attended; electronic transcripts are encouraged.
- Letters of recommendation. Have two professors or employers submit letters of recommendation on your behalf; these should be sent in sealed envelopes with signatures across the sealed portion or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portfolio. Submit (by email as a pdf to email@example.com) a portfolio of no more than 10 poems or 10-15 pages of prose (fiction or literary nonfiction). Include a copy of your Statement of Personal Interest with your portfolio.
Send all materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the University of Baltimore Office of Graduate Admission, 1420 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201.