Applied Psychology Admission Requirements
- a bachelor's degree in psychology with a minimum 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university
- grades of B or better in statistics and research methods courses.
Applicants who do not meet all of these qualifications may, with the approval of the program's admission committee, be accepted if there is space available. Additional criteria may apply; see the UB Graduate Catalog for further information.
- fall semester admission: April 1
- spring semester admission: Dec. 1
*Applications received after the deadline dates will be considered depending on availability of space, strength of your credentials and sufficiency of time for processing.
*You can apply for these assistantships and fellowships even before you know of your admission decision; please don't wait.
- Online application. Complete and submit the online application and pay the $50 application fee. (To pay in-state tuition, you must submit the Maryland In-State Residency form). You can submit your Statement of Personal Interest electronically as part of the online application.
- Official transcript(s). Request that an official transcript of all prior college or university work (including graduate courses, if applicable) be sent directly from each institution attended;electronic transcripts are encouraged.
- Letter of recommendation. Have a professor or employer submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf; this should be sent in a sealed envelope with a signature across the sealed portion.
GRE General Test scores. Have your GRE scores sent directly from the testing agency; UB's code is 5810. Your scores should be no more than five years old.
Send all materials to the University of Baltimore Office of Graduate Admission, 1420 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201.
**Conditional Admission Standards: Applicants not meeting the requirements for unconditional admission—including holding a bachelor’s degree in psychology—may, with the approval of the program’s admission committee, be accepted on a conditional basis. Conditional admission requires the completion of several undergraduate psychology courses, at either UB or another university. Conditionally admitted students will be notified of the requirements they must meet to achieve unconditional status and continue in the program.