Lassen Memorial Scholarship
Santokh Singh was the recipient of the 2019 Dr. George Lassen and Mrs. Jean Lassen Memorial Scholarship, awarded for academic merit and commitment to excellence in counseling psychology.
Monique Rodriguez, M.S. '18, was the recipient of the 2017 Lassen Memorial Scholarship.
M.S. in Applied Psychology, Counseling Psychology Concentration
The 48-credit Counseling Psychology Concentration at UB prepares students for careers in psychology, by providing a stepping stone to doctoral study in clinical or counseling psychology or to a career as a licensed clinical professional counselor. You can pursue one of two optional specializations--the Science Specialization or the Practitioner Specialization--or complete a standard counseling psychology curriculum. We offer a stimulating learning environment that fosters the development of critical thinking, knowledge and skills in evidence-based practice, and your evolving professional identity.
Why counseling psychology at UB?
- Our program holds a nearly perfect (98 percent) first-time pass record on the National Counselor Exam.
- You can choose from specializations that can help you prepare for your specific career goal.
- Most of the counseling courses are offered in the evenings so that you can still work during the day; in fact; about half of our students work and attend class part-time.
- Class sizes are small, so you'll receive individualized attention.
- Our campus is nestled in the heart of downtown and easily accessed by train, light rail, bus or car.
- All of the psychology programs have a wonderfully diverse student body. We value recruiting and training students who represent a variety of societal groups and diverse cultural backgrounds.
Where do UB's counseling psychology graduates work?
Through specializations that can be developed through practica and internships, you can enter the field prepared to work in your specific area of interest. Our graduates work in hospitals, school-based mental health programs, community mental health clinics, residential treatment centers, crisis response units, substance abuse treatment centers and private practice.
We also have outstanding adjunct faculty who bring professional experience and expertise in various areas of psychology:
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Michelle Crisafulli||human services psychology and clinical and community/applied social psychology|
|Tara Gogolinski||marriage and family|
|Josef Passley||child and adolescent therapy|
|Thomas Tsuji||substance abuse|
Graduate students outside of Maryland pay in-state tuition.
UB is now offering in-state tuition to graduate students who live in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia (Arlington, Loudoun, Fairfax and Prince William, Clark, Culpeper, Fauquier, Rappahannock, Spotsylvania, Stafford and Warren counties and the city of Fredericksburg. As well as Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park); Pennsylvania (Adams, York, Chester and Lancaster counties); and all Delaware counties.
For more information about graduate admission, please contact the Office of Graduate and International Admission and Enrollment at email@example.com or 410.837.6565.