Applied Psychology Degree Requirements: Industrial and Organizational Psychology Concentration
- These requirements apply to students entering this program in fall 2018
Students who enrolled earlier should consult the catalog in effect at the time they enrolled.
- Read the course descriptions.
- Sample syllabi can be found be clicking on the course number.
The 42-credit Industrial and Organizational Psychology Concentration requires the following:
Required Courses (30 credits)
- APPL 601 The Biological Basis of Behavior
- APPL 603 Learning and Cognition
- APPL 631 Intermediate Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences*
- APPL 632 Research Methods*
- APPL 641 Organizational Psychology
- APPL 642 Motivation, Satisfaction and Leadership
- APPL 644 Personnel Psychology
- APPL 645 Personnel Assessment
- APPL 651 Job Analysis
- APPL 655 Practical Applications in I/O Psychology
*APPL 631 and APPL 632 should be taken sequentially during your first two semesters of the program.
Electives (12 credits)
Choose four of the following:
- APPL 604 Interviewing Psychology
- APPL 609 Occupational Stress and Health Psychology
- APPL 639 Special Topics: Applied Statistics
- APPL 646 Employment Law in Human Resource Management
- APPL 647 Training and Organizational Development
- APPL 649 Special Topics: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- APPL 650 Work Groups in Organizations
- APPL 652 Organizational Theory and Development
- APPL 653 Consulting Skills
- APPL 654 Survey Development and Implementation
- APPL 657 Personality at Work
- APPL 658 Change Management
- APPL 659 Cross-Cultural Organizational Psychology
- APPL 707 Practicum in Industrial Organizational Psychology (1-4 credits)
Electives can also include APPL 789 Research Proposal Development and APPL 799 Thesis in Applied Psychology, through which a thesis can be completed. Other electives are also available through the MBA program.
as of fall 2018