I-O Psychology Guest Speakers Series
Students in our Industrial and Organizational Psychology (I-O) concentration are exposed to a variety of professionals who work in various areas related to I-O psychology across multiple domains. We host international and national guest speakers from other universities, industry, federal and state agencies, independent consulting businesses and large consulting firms. Topics range from state-of-the-art applied research to professional issues and contemporary practices in the workplace, thus creating another bridge between students’ academic experiences and the field.
- Oct. 23: "Fairness in the Workplace" presented by Taras Letnaunchyn, M.S. '17, Laureate International Universities
- Oct. 9: "Career and Internship Experience at T. Rowe Price" presented by Shelby Reichardt, M.S. '18
- May 2: "The Psychology of Cooperative Competition" presented by Márta Fülöp, Head of the Social and Cultural Psychology Department at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest, and Secretary General of the International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Feb. 27: Janet Yun, PhD, Maryland State Highway Administration, and Adjunct Faculty for UB graduate-level courses
- Nov. 29: Career Options in Health Psychology Panel featuring Katie Wright, PhD, a rehabilitation psychologist at the Johns Hopkins Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation program; Antione Taylor, MA, a graduate student at UMBC who researches health disparities of cardiovascular disease and has clinical expertise in neuropsychology; Shayla Thrash, PhD, a postdoctoral fellow at the Baltimore VA's HIV and liver disease program; Caitlin Schaffer, PhD, a pediatric psychologist at Kennedy Krieger Institute; Pam Handelsman, PhD, a pain psychologist at the Baltimore VA
- Nov. 15: Michele Crisafulli, PhD
- Nov. 14: Judah Frank, M.S. '17, Office of Personnel Management
- Nov. 8: Delisa Hall, U.S. Secret Service
- Nov. 8: Saniha Makhzoumi, PhD, postdoctoral fellow at the Johns Hopkins Eating Disorders Program
- Oct. 25: Regan Miller, M.S. '07, Office of Personnel Management
- Sept. 27: Kristi Grimes, M.S. '14, Deloitte
- Sept. 13: Greg Kowalewski, M.S. '14, senior manager, and Joe Ranzau, manager - Baltimore Region at Grant Thornton, LLC
- May 10: Will Haller, M.S. '16, consultant at Federal Management Partners, Inc. (download the PPT Presentation)
- May 3: Erica Merritt, M.S. '10, senior manager, Talent Development at Under Armour, Inc.
- April 19: Jeff Godbout, M.S. '10, industrial-organizational psychology consultant, Research Distillery
- April 13: Zeno Pizzighella, M.S. '15, manager, Organization Development at 14 West, The Agora Companies
- March 15: Joseph Danks, research professor and technical director for Strategic Intelligence Analysis at the University of Maryland, Center for Advanced Study of Language
March 1: Tom Olenchock, M.S. '11, CDR, United States Coast Guard
Nov. 1: Katie Wrenn, M.S. '14, senior consultant, and Dennis Dulaney, senior consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton
Oct. 25: Matt Rupert, M.S. '16 and Adam Taylor, people person, U.S. Postal Services
- Oct. 11: Matt Ruble, M.S. '07, senior manager and Jen Morelli, senior manager, Grant Thornton LLP, and Regan Miller, M.S. '07, human resources specialist - recruitment lead at Defense Logistics Agency, Office of Personnel Management
April 20: Rachael Bohns, M.S. '12, change management analyst, U.S. Government
March 23: Hanna Pillion, M.S. '12, consultant, FMP Consulting
March 16: Dennis Dulaney, strategic human capital management; Kathy Ford, M.S. '14, senior consultant; and Katie Wrenn, M.S. '14, senior consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton
March 2: Regan Miller, M.S. '07, human resources specialist, Workforce and Succession Planning, U.S. Office of Personnel
Nov. 30: "Creating Value and Future of Organizational Consulting"
Matthew Ruble, M.S. '07, senior manager and Jennifer Morelli, experience manager, Grant Thornton, LLC
Nov. 23: "Global Clients; Reducing Involvement and Termination"
David Hamill, VP, global talent acquisition , Mariott, Int'l
Nov. 16: "Consulting to Public, Non-Profit Sectors"
Sam Walters, managing director & practice lead, IMPAQ International; Susan White, Ph.D.
Nov. 9: "Giving, Managing, and Implementing"
Torrey Owens, CEO and founder, Strategic Development Associates
Nov. 2: "Consultant: Client Relationship and the Clients' Views"
Ken Ridgley, vice president, Test Development, Prometric
Oct. 26: "Change Management and Resistance"
Rich Cober, vice president - Brand, Marketing, Sales, and Consumer Services HR, Marriott, Int'l
Oct. 19: "Legal and Ethical Issues"
Elliot Lasson, human capital consultant, Lasson Talent Solutions; and adjunct professor, University of Baltimore
Oct. 12: " Discovery, Framing, and Gathering Data "
Peter Leeds, research psychologist, United States Merit Systems Protection Board;and adjunct professor, University of Baltimore
Oct. 5: "Contracting and Proposal Writing"
Michelle Deneau, director, HR Business Intelligence, Intuit
Sept. 28: "Contracting and Proposal Writing"
Heather Doggett, director, Visitor Programs and Staff Training, National Aquarium
Sept. 21: "Consultants: Types, Skills and Values"
Todd Walther, global talent development leader, Merkle, Inc
April 2015: "Establishing university-to-university cooperation"
Barbara Kozusznik , University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland; Jeanne-Pierre Neveu, University of Pau-Bayonnes, France; Jose Maria Peiro , University of Valencia, Spain
Oct. 2014: "Independent and interdependent construal of self"
Benjamin Voyer , ESCP Europe Business School, London, UK
Oct. 2013: "Leadership and work stress"
Rita Berger , University of Barcelona, Spain
Oct. 2011: "Development and validation of the Valencia Eustress-Distress Appraisal Scale (VEDAS)"
Malgorzata Kozusznik , University of Valencia, Spain