I-O Psychology Guest Speakers Series
Students in our Industrial and Organizational Psychology (I-O) concentration are exposed to a variety of professionals who work in various areas related to I-O psychology across multiple domains. We host international and national guest speakers from other universities, industry, federal and state agencies, independent consulting businesses and large consulting firms. Topics range from state-of-the-art applied research to professional issues and contemporary practices in the workplace, thus creating another bridge between students’ academic experiences and the field.
- Oct. 25, 2017: Regan Miller, M.S. '07, Office of Personnel Management
- Nov. 8, 2017: Delisa Hall, U.S. Secret Service
- Nov. 14, 2017: Judah Frank, M.S. '17, Office of Personnel Management
- Sept. 27: Kristi Grimes, M.S. '14, Deloitte
- Sept. 13: Greg Kowalewski, M.S. '14, senior manager, and Joe Ranzau, manager - Baltimore Region at Grant Thornton, LLC
- May 10: Will Haller, M.S. '16, consultant at Federal Management Partners, Inc. (download the PPT Presentation)
- May 3: Erica Merritt, M.S. '10, senior manager, Talent Development at Under Armour, Inc.
- April 19: Jeff Godbout, M.S. '10, industrial-organizational psychology consultant, Research Distillery
- April 13: Zeno Pizzighella, M.S. '15, manager, Organization Development at 14 West, The Agora Companies
- March 15: Joseph Danks, research professor and technical director for Strategic Intelligence Analysis at the University of Maryland, Center for Advanced Study of Language
March 1: Tom Olenchock, M.S. '11, CDR, United States Coast Guard
Nov. 1: Katie Wrenn, M.S. '14, senior consultant, and Dennis Dulaney, senior consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton
Oct. 25: Matt Rupert, M.S. '16 and Adam Taylor, people person, U.S. Postal Services
- Oct. 11: Matt Ruble, M.S. '07, senior manager and Jen Morelli, senior manager, Grant Thornton LLP, and Regan Miller, M.S. '07, human resources specialist - recruitment lead at Defense Logistics Agency, Office of Personnel Management
April 20: Rachael Bohns, M.S. '12, change management analyst, U.S. Government
March 23: Hanna Pillion, M.S. '12, consultant, FMP Consulting
March 16: Dennis Dulaney, strategic human capital management; Kathy Ford, M.S. '14, senior consultant; and Katie Wrenn, M.S. '14, senior consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton
March 2: Regan Miller, M.S. '07, human resources specialist, Workforce and Succession Planning, U.S. Office of Personnel
Nov. 30: "Creating Value and Future of Organizational Consulting"
Matthew Ruble, M.S. '07, senior manager and Jennifer Morelli, experience manager, Grant Thornton, LLC
Nov. 23: "Global Clients; Reducing Involvement and Termination"
David Hamill, VP, global talent acquisition , Mariott, Int'l
Nov. 16: "Consulting to Public, Non-Profit Sectors"
Sam Walters, managing director & practice lead, IMPAQ International; Susan White, Ph.D.
Nov. 9: "Giving, Managing, and Implementing"
Torrey Owens, CEO and founder, Strategic Development Associates
Nov. 2: "Consultant: Client Relationship and the Clients' Views"
Ken Ridgley, vice president, Test Development, Prometric
Oct. 26: "Change Management and Resistance"
Rich Cober, vice president - Brand, Marketing, Sales, and Consumer Services HR, Marriott, Int'l
Oct. 19: "Legal and Ethical Issues"
Elliot Lasson, human capital consultant, Lasson Talent Solutions; and adjunct professor, University of Baltimore
Oct. 12: " Discovery, Framing, and Gathering Data "
Peter Leeds, research psychologist, United States Merit Systems Protection Board;and adjunct professor, University of Baltimore
Oct. 5: "Contracting and Proposal Writing"
Michelle Deneau, director, HR Business Intelligence, Intuit
Sept. 28: "Contracting and Proposal Writing"
Heather Doggett, director, Visitor Programs and Staff Training, National Aquarium
Sept. 21: "Consultants: Types, Skills and Values"
Todd Walther, global talent development leader, Merkle, Inc
April 2015: "Establishing university-to-university cooperation"
Barbara Kozusznik , University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland; Jeanne-Pierre Neveu, University of Pau-Bayonnes, France; Jose Maria Peiro , University of Valencia, Spain
Oct. 2014: "Independent and interdependent construal of self"
Benjamin Voyer , ESCP Europe Business School, London, UK
Oct. 2013: "Leadership and work stress"
Rita Berger , University of Barcelona, Spain
Oct. 2011: "Development and validation of the Valencia Eustress-Distress Appraisal Scale (VEDAS)"
Malgorzata Kozusznik , University of Valencia, Spain