Organizational issues know no boundaries. Neither should you.
- research collaborations
- teaching collaborations
- coursework (study abroad)
We currently have agreements or cooperations with the following institutions: Universitat de Barcelona, Uniwersytet Śląski, Universitat de València, IAE Pau-Bayonne and the European Commission's Erasmus+ Programme.
Barcelona, Spain and/or Silicon Valley
First- and second-year I-O psychology students are eligible to apply for APPL 652 Organizational Theory & Development*, a UB instructor-led study abroad at the University of Barcelona or global engagement experience in Silicon Valley.
*Directed Studies will be permitted for students who have already successfully completed APPL 652 with a grade of B or better.
- download the flyer for Barcelona, Spain (.pdf)
- download the flyer for Silicon Valley in California (.pdf)
- download and complete the Study Abroad Application (.pdf)
**NEW: Flyers and application for 2020 study abroad programs are posted above!**
As a second-year student, you'll have the opportunity to participate as a visiting scholar in the European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology, supported by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Programme.
Earning 6 credits, you'll:
- collaborate virtually via e-mail and Skype with international teams of students during the first phase of the program
- spend two weeks in residence with approximately 30 other international master's students during a Winter School at the University of Valencia in Gandia, Spain, supervised by renowned faculty from five European Universities:
- Universitat de València (Spain)
- Universitat de Barcelona (Spain)
- Université René Descartes Paris 5 (France)
- Alma Mater Studiorum-Università di Bologna (Italy)
- Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
- two additional universities, Universidade de Brasília (Brazil) and University of Guelph (Canada), are also involved in the program
- receive special certification upon completion of the program.
Funding to participate in the Winter School may be awarded through UB's Turner Research and Travel Award.
Class of 2019
I-O Psychology students Will Haller (left) and Scott Burtnick (right) were on the winning teams for best intervention design of a solution for improving hospital communication and training design, during the 2016 Winter School Program Awards hosted by University of Valencia.
Class of 2015
Class of 2014