Assurance of Learning: B.S. in Applied Information Technology
Mission Statement: The mission of the Applied Information Technology program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to obtain a position in IT or related fields, to advance their careers, or to pursue graduate education. The curriculum prepares students in the latest technologies and methodologies by providing fundamentals, knowledge, and hands-on experience through individual and group work, problem-solving, and critical thinking exercises. Students graduate with skills in networking, security, application development, system administration and maintenance, and communication.
Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduating from the B.S. in Applied Information Technology program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a working knowledge of computer networks
- illustrate information technology security solutions
- solve problems using current programming languages
- administer operating systems
- implement relational databases that support web-based applications
- demonstrate effective written and oral communications skills.