Assurance of Learning: B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies
Mission Statement: The mission of the B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies program is to prepare students to solve academic and practical problems from the perspective of multiple disciplines. Students in the program work with faculty and staff to articulate career goals, identify curricular and co-curricular ways to attain those goals, and create individualized curricula that will help them complete their baccalaureate educations and move them toward those goals.
Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduating from the B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies program, students will be able to:
- identify similarities and difference in methods of learning and analysis in the disciplines studied;
- demonstrate interdisciplinary skills for addressing academic and practical problems;
- discuss topics that apply knowledge across disciplines;
- demonstrate creative and critical thinking and writing
- integrate academic curriculum with other co-curricular goals, such as career development, life-long learning, interdisciplinary learning, international or study abroad perspectives, and/or internship or other experiential learning.