Follow us on Twitter.Tweets by @UBPhilosophy
Earn both your undergraduate and law degrees in a minimum of five years through the Law School Early Entry Option to the UB School of Law (details coming soon).
Shorten your path to your master's degree.
Students who qualify may take up to 9 graduate credits, which apply to both the bachelor's degree in History and the M.A. in Legal Studies (formerly Legal and Ethical Studies). Contact us for more information or learn more about our accelerated options.
Want to add a minor to your major?
Learn more about our minors. (Note that not all minors are possible to combine with every major.)
Thinking about law school?
Learn more about our Automatic Admit option through the UB School of Law.
With an interdisciplinary curriculum grounded in practical philosophy, this Bachelor of Arts program will prepare you for civic engagement, professional success and lifelong personal fulfillment.
As a Philosophy, Society and Applied Ethics major, you'll be exposed to civil discourse and writing about important issues across the curriculum. Through careful and rigorous analysis and application of philosophical perspectives, you'll develop solid communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and gain a better understanding of real world problems and how to resolve them.
- The Philosophy and Public Affairs Concentration will prepare you for a career in public service, or graduate study in public policy, public affairs, law, political theory or philosophy.
- The Philosophy, Economics and Business Concentration will help you acquire skills that can be leveraged into a career in business and management or professional development and advancement within another career. It is also excellent preparation if you're looking to pursue law school or graduate study in interdisciplinary programs that combine philosophy, politics and economics.
- The Philosophy, Sustainability and the Environment Concentration is ideal if you are interested in a career in advocacy for environmental causes, environment-related business or the nonprofit sector.
- The Applied Ethics and Professional Life Concentration is a great fit if you are already working in a field where ethics and compliance are of particular importance, and you're looking to advance: government contractors, finance professionals, human resource managers and compliance officers, among others.
- The Student-Designed Concentration allows you to integrate your core study of philosophy with a sub-field drawn from any major or minor at UB. Your philosophy studies will prepare you to succeed in a wide range of fields: business, digital communications, entrepreneurship, journalism, law, education, advocacy or government.
For more information about undergraduate admission, please contact the Offices of Admission at email@example.com or 1.877.ApplyUB.