We are Maryland's only college dedicated to public service!
We are ranked 68th nationally in U.S. News & World Report 's 2016 edition of " Best Grad Schools ," a significant honor and testament to the quality of our programs, students and faculty.
Training the public leaders of the future.
Tomorrow's workplace is even more complex than today's. The College of Public Affairs prepares the problem-solvers who will analyze policy and lead public, nonprofit, health-care and third sector organizations of the future.
The college is home to two centers of excellence:
Our faculty members are renowned experts in their fields and include a group of National Academy of Public Administration fellows, five University System of Maryland Board of Regents' Award winners, a Fulbright Scholar, an endowed professor and numerous Schaefer Center fellows. In the classroom, they urge you to analyze today's pressing policy issues to inform your contribution to national and international public affairs of tomorrow.
Our academic programs capitalize on the University's distinction in the fields of public administration, criminal justice and health and human services:
- Criminal Justice (M.S.)
- Forensic Science - High Technology Crime (M.S.)
- Global Affairs and Human Security (M.A.)
- Health Systems Management (CERT)
- Health Systems Management (M.S.)
- Human Services Administration (M.S.)
- Justice Leadership and Management (M.P.S.)
- Negotiations and Conflict Management (M.S.)
- Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- Public Administration (doctorate, D.P.A.)
- Crime Scene Investigation (Upper-Division Certificate)
- Criminal Justice (B.S.)
- Forensic Document Analysis (Upper-Division Certificate)
- Forensic Studies (B.S.)
- Government and Public Policy (B.A.)
- Health Systems Management (B.S.)
- Human Services Administration (B.A.)
- International Studies (B.A.)
- Nonprofit Management and Community Leadership (B.A.)
Learn more about the schools within the college: