Building trust and providing support.
Meet our members:
- Daprena Boyd, B.A. '02, M.S. '05
- Victor A. Broccolino, B.S. '77
- Michael A. Canet, B.A. '93, LL.M. '02
- Patricia Florestano
- Jennifer Gajewski, M.P.A. '01
- Peter A. Hammen, B.S. '89, M.P.A. '93
- Wilson G. Hess, B.A. '73
- James T. Hill, B.S. '70, M.P.A. '83
- Edward N. Kane
- Carol Roberts, B.S. '07, M.P.A. '10
- Stacy Rodgers, M.P.A. '99
- Terrence Smith, M.P.A. '86
- Dana Stein
- Nonet Sykes, M.P.A. '94
- Walter E. Wilson, M.P.A. '87
- Rev. S. Todd Yeary
In collaboration with Roger Hartley, dean of the College of Public Affairs, the Advisory Council serves as a strategic partner in helping the college succeed.
The board advises, counsels and supports the dean and supports the efforts of the dean and college faculty to:
- provide students with knowledge and skills for lifetime learning and prepare them for continuing success and responsible citizenship
- advance relationships between the college and public/private organizations and individuals and raise the college's visibility in the greater Baltimore area.
The council also:
- promotes and facilitates the college's research and service activities
- ensures the relevance of curricula to the real-world challenges that face UBalt graduates
- assists with strategic planning and provides financial support
- assists students in preparing for entry into their chosen profession.
Each year, the College of Public Affairs Advisory Council presents two Awards for Academic Excellence to one undergraduate and one graduate student graduating from the College of Public Affairs.
Meet our current awardees:
Chelsea Wilber, B.S. '14, Dean’s Advisory Council Award for Academic Excellence – Undergraduate Award
Crystal Adegbola, M.A. '14, Dean’s Advisory Council Award for Academic Excellence – Graduate Award