Schaefer Center for Public Policy Events
"Election Security in the Digital Age"
William Donald Schaefer Memorial Policy Conference and Award Ceremony
DATE: Nov. 2, 2018
TIME: 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Lord Baltimore Hotel (20 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201)
CONFERENCE — 8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Opening Plenary - The Changing Landscape of Election Security
- David Becker, executive director and founder, Center for Election Innovation
John T. Willis
, executive in residence, College of Public Affairs (moderator)
Panel - Securing the Election Infrastructure: A look at local, state, and national threats and responses
- Matt Masterson, senior cybersecurity advisor, Department of Homeland Security, Election Security (invited)
- Nikki Charlson, deputy administrator, Maryland State Board of Elections
Panel - Social Media and Election Integrity
- Nina Jankowicz, Wilson Center Global Fellow, Kennan Institute
Laura Rosenberger, senior fellow and director, Alliance for Securing Democracy (invited)
LUNCHEON AND AWARD CEREMONY — 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.
- Kurt Schmoke, president, University of Baltimore
- Senator Paul Sarbanes, recipient of the 2018 William Donald Schaefer Award
Donations can be sent to:
Do It Now - Schaefer Center
University of Baltimore Foundation
1130 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Make checks payable to:
"University of Baltimore Foundation" with "Do It Now" in the memo line.
For more information, contact the Schaefer Center at 410.837.6188.