Renita L. Seabrook
School of Criminal Justice
M.A., Ph.D., Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark
B.A., Purdue University
Renita L. Seabrook's C.V. (.pdf)
Seabrook has been a featured guest on several local radio programs. Click these links to listen online:
With Baltimore Police Commissioner Batts Gone, What's Next For Policing and Baltmore?
The Marc Steiner Show, WEAA 88.9 FM, Jul 13, 2015
OSI Baltimore Community Fellows Part 1
Midday with Dan Rodricks, WYPR 88.1 FM, Dec. 3, 2014
If You Were Mayor of Baltimore: New Class of OSI-Baltimore Community Fellows
The Marc Steiner Show, WEAA 88.9 FM, Nov. 11, 2014
For more than 10 years, I was employed by several state governmental agencies in New Jersey and Georgia. In New Jersey, I worked as a research assistant for the Administrative Office of the Courts, New Jersey Intensive Supervision Program, and in Georgia, I worked as a program development consultant for the Georgia Department of Corrections and a research coordinator/instructor for the Georgia State Board of Pardons and Paroles.
My academic and applied experience covers several substantive areas of criminal justice, offender rehabilitation, probation/parole, program evaluation and criminological theory, with a special interest in cognitive behavioral theory. I am a certified instructor in several cognitive skills and cognitive restructuring programs such as Reasoning and Rehabilitation, Aggression Replacement Therapy, Thinking for a Change, Prime for Life and Moral Reconation Therapy.
I serve on the editorial board for the Journal of Prisoners on Prisons. I was named one of the The Daily Record's 2015 Top 100 Women as well as a 2014 Community Fellow by the Open Society Institute-Baltimore.
- (2015) Seabrook, R., & Wyatt-Nichol, H. “Marginalization and hope: Personal narratives of previously incarcerated mothers.” In J. C. Minaker & B. Hogeveen (Eds.),
Criminalizing Mothers: Criminalizing Motherhood
(pp. 355-372). Bradford: Demeter Press.
- (2014) Naylor, L. A., Gerlowski, D. A., & Seabrook, R. L. "US higher education: Transition & turbulence in the new model." Journal of Development & Leadership, 3(2), 95-110.
- (2013) Van Voorhis, P., Spiropoulos, G., Neal-Ritchie, P., Seabrook, R., & Spruance, L. "Identifying areas of specific responsivity in cognitive-behavioral treatment outcomes." Criminal Justice & Behavior, 40(11), 1250-1279.
- (2010) Seabrook, R. & Brockett, R. "Women prisoners: Their Needs." In R. Muraskin (Ed.),
Key Correctional Issues (2nd Edition). Prentice Hall.
- (2015) Seabrook, R. L. (Principal). University of Baltimore Foundation, University Fund for Excellence Grant, "Helping Others 2 Win”, $24,212.
- (2015) Seabrook, R. L. (Principal). University of Baltimore, Office of the Provost/Sponsored Research and Faculty Development, Baltimore Renaissance Scholars Seed Fund, “Helping Others 2 Win”, $5,000.