Assurance of Learning: Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.)
Mission Statement: The Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) program prepares graduates to be effective administrators, managers and leaders serving the public interest in public, nonprofit and private sector organizations. Through an active faculty engaged in research and service, the M.P.A. program delivers a curriculum providing students with substantive knowledge, skills and judgment to succeed as professionals in an increasingly complex and diverse environment. Students graduating from our program contribute to their broader communities while adhering to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
By completion of the Master of Public Administration program:
- Students will have the ability to formulate evidenced-based recommendations from an analysis of public policy issues.
- Students will have the ability to use appropriate judgment in practicing current public organizational management and public budgeting techniques.
- Students will have the ability to demonstrate a broad based knowledge in public administration theory, research and practice.
- Students will have the ability to prescribe appropriate policies as they relate to a variety of human resource and personnel issues.
- Students will have the ability to demonstrate technical written and oral presentation skills needed to communicate to professional audiences.