Master of Public Administration at the Universities at Shady Grove
You don't have to come to Baltimore for a UB degree.
You can earn the University of Baltimore’s Master of Public Administration degree at the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville, Maryland.
USG is a partnership of nine University System of Maryland universities, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs from across the state at its campus in Montgomery County.
As a UB student attending USG, you will pay the same tuition and have the same financial aid opportunities as does any other UB student (you may pay differing fees based on your home campus). Your classes at USG will be taught by UB faculty, and you’ll graduate with a UB degree, accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration.
Upcoming Events at USG
Your UB at USG education is now even more affordable.
UB is now offering in-state tuition to graduate students in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia ( Arlington, Loudoun, Fairfax and Prince William, Clark, Culpeper, Fauquier, Rappahannock, Spotsylvania, Stafford and Warren counties and the city of Fredericksburg. As well as Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park ); Pennsylvania (Adams, York, Chester and Lancaster counties); and all Delaware counties.
Why choose the Universities at Shady Grove?
Public administration spans the arenas of government, nonprofit organizations and third-sector organizations. Given the concentration of public-sector and nonprofit employees working and residing in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, you'll be poised to succeed in and advance your career.
How does the program work?
- You can complete the program through a combination of weekend and online courses.
- The onsite courses at USG are offered on six selected weekends (Saturdays or Sundays) within a 15-week semester.
- You’ll take 33 credits of core courses.
- In addition to your core requirements, you’ll specialize in one of six areas:
- public policy and administration
- health-care policy and administration
- budgeting and fiscal administration
- negotiations and conflict management
- global affairs and human security
- public and nonprofit management.
Or, you can design your own specialization.