Advance your career in user research.
Hone your user research skills by adding theoretical and methodological sophistication. This 12-credit graduate certificate program includes courses in doctoral level empirical research methods, statistics, HCI theory, and a hands-on course on conducting user research with special populations (topics vary but include children, older adults, adults who use assistive technology, English language learners, and adults with mild cognitive impairment).
The graduate certificate in Advanced UX Research can be completed entirely online, except for a one-week experience on campus performing actual user research with a special population in the User Research Lab or the Digital Whimsy Lab. Online courses are synchronous, allowing for live lecture, discussion, and other learning activities.
This graduate certificate is an independent program; however, this program can also facilitate the transition to further study through the University of Baltimore’s M.S. in Interaction Design and Information Architecture or the D.S. in Interaction and Information Design.
You’ll learn how to:
- use and defend mixed methods research
- differentiate between experimental and applied research methods
- evaluate the statistical validity of quantitative research
- evaluate the quality, validity, and generalizability of user research conducted by others
- design, conduct, and evaluate user research with special populations
- understand the fundamentals of neuroscience and cognitive psychology in order to integrate them into the design process.
This program is most appropriate for applicants with prior industry experience or graduate coursework in user research for user experience design who wish to deepen their competence in research design.
Now accpeting applications for spring 2024.
The Graduate Certificate degree consists of 12 credits in three competency areas:
- research methods
- statistical analysis
- HCI theory and neurodesign.
- fall: July 1
- spring: Nov. 15
This program is charged at the Graduate Arts and Sciences tuition rate. Tuition and fees are $907 per credit for in-state and regional residents, and $1282 per credit for out-of-state and international students. Learn more about tuition and fees.
For more information about graduate admission, please contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com, 410.837.6565.