D.S. in Information and Interaction Design Admission Requirements
- a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- a master's degree in a related field with a minimum 3.2 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university.
fall semester admission only: April 1
*Applications received after the deadline date will be considered depending on availability of space, strength of your credentials and sufficiency of time for processing.
- departmental fellowships: March 1
- Online application. Complete and submit the online application and pay the $50 application fee. (To pay in-state tuition, you must submit the Maryland In-State Residency form). You can submit your Statement of Personal Interest electronically as part of the online application.
- Official transcript(s). Request that an official transcript of all prior college or university work (including graduate courses, if applicable) be sent directly from each institution attended; electronic transcripts are encouraged.
- Letters of recommendation. Have two professors or employers submit letters of recommendation on your behalf; these should be sent in sealed envelopes with signatures across the sealed portion.
- GRE General Test scores. Have your GRE scores sent directly from the testing agency; UB's code is 5810. Your scores should be no more than five years old. If you have taken the GMAT or MAT but not the GRE, those scores may be substituted.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae. Submit your resume/CV directly to the Office of Graduate and International Admission and Enrollment.
- Essay. Submit a sample of your prior academic work directly to the program director. This sample will be used to evaluate your intellectual preparedness to undertake doctoral study.
Send all materials, unless otherwise noted, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the University of Baltimore Office of Graduate Admission, 1420 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201.
Materials to be submitted to the program director should be sent to: Greg Walsh, University of Baltimore, School of Information Arts and Technologies, 1420 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201.