M.S. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology Admission Requirements
- Beginning with fall 2023 applicants, the GRE will no longer be required for the IO Psychology program.
- a bachelor's degree in psychology with a minimum 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university
- grades of B or better in statistics and research methods courses.
Applicants who do not meet all of these qualifications may, with the approval of the program's admission committee, be accepted if there is space available. Additional criteria may apply; see the UBalt Graduate Catalog for further information.
- fall semester admission: applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but for best consideration for assistantships, please submit all application materials by April 1
- spring semester admission: Dec. 1
*Applications received after the deadline dates will be considered depending on availability of space, strength of your credentials and sufficiency of time for processing.
*You can apply for these assistantships and fellowships even before you know of your admission decision; please don't wait.
- Online application. Complete and submit the online application and pay the $50 application fee. (To pay in-state tuition, you must submit the Maryland In-State Residency form). You can submit your Statement of Personal Interest electronically as part of the online application.
- Official transcript(s). Request that an official transcript of all prior college or university work (including graduate courses, if applicable) be sent directly from each institution attended; electronic transcripts are encouraged.
- Applied Psychology recommendation form and a letter of recommendation. Have a professor or employer submit a completed recommendation form and a letter of recommendation on your behalf; they should be sent in a sealed envelope with a signature across the sealed portion OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send all materials by email to email@example.com or by mail to the University of Baltimore Office of Graduate Admission, 1420 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201.
Contact Us:For more information about graduate admission, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org, 410.837.6565.