I-O Psychology Guest Speakers Series
Students in our Industrial and Organizational Psychology (I-O) concentration are exposed to a variety of professionals who work in various areas related to I-O psychology across multiple domains. We host international and national guest speakers from other universities, industry, federal and state agencies, independent consulting businesses and large consulting firms. Topics range from state-of-the-art applied research to professional issues and contemporary practices in the workplace, thus creating another bridge between students’ academic experiences and the field.
Greg Kowalewski, M.S. '14, Manager & Jen Morelli, Principal, Advisory, Grant Thornton
Tom Olenchock, M.S. '11, Talent Development & Competency Program Mgr., Silicon Valley Bank
Nony Oko, M.S. '16, Senior Associate, PWC
Regan Miller, M.S.,Team Lead, OPM
- Nov. TBD
Claudio Torres, Ph.D., University of Brasilia
Noel Jones, M.S. '18, Personnel Research Psychologist, OPM & Shannon Quaranta, M.S. '17, Human Capital Professional, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Katie Wrenn, M.S. '14, Lead Associate & Max White, M.S. '17, Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton
Tyler Salley, M.S. '19, Lead, Global Talent Development, Under Armour, Inc.
David Hamill, M.S. '96, Director, Strategic Workforce Planning and Talent Acquisition, FAA
- April 27
Katie DePetris, M.S. '19, Deloitte, Lead L&D Specialist, Tableau Workshop
- April 22
Garett Howardson, Ph.D., Department of Defense; Shonna Walters, BetterUp, Regional Vice President of Behavioral Science; Jessica McKenzie, Accenture
- April 8
Hanna Pillion, M.S. '12, CBP, Personnel Research Psychologist, Matt Ancona, M.S. '15, The Center for Organizational Excellence, Inc., Senior Consultant- Portfolio Manager, Regan Miller, M.S., '07, OPM, Team Lead
- April 7
Adam Mahoney, manager & Ann Hastings, senior director, Salesforce
- April 1
Dalyn Allen, M.S. '14, DCI, HR Analyst
- Mar. 31
Josh Kassner, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Division of Legal, Ethical and Historical Studies, The University Baltimore
- Mar. 25
Mark Tregar, M.S., 03', IBM, Senior Management Consultant
- Mar. 24
Aubrey Blanche, Global Head of Equitable Design & Impact, Josh Berman, Internal Culture First Lead & Fresia Jackson, M.S. '16, Lead People Scientist, CultureAmp
- Mar. 11
Rachel Barney, Ph.D., ICF, Director
- Mar. 10
Jennifer Cullen, Ph.D., '17, Global Engagement & Culture, Visa, Director
- Mar. 4
David Yang, ICF, Vice President, Digital Formation
- Mar. 3
Steven Scalet, Ph.D., Professor, Division of Legal, Ethical and Historical Studies, The University of Baltimore
- Feb. 25
William Haller, EIA, Survey Statistician
- Feb. 18
Jessica Deares Jenkins, Ph.D., ICF, Director
- Feb. 17
Anna Erickson, Ph.D., Iron Post Leadership Consulting, President
- Feb. 11
David Hamill, M.S. '96, FAA, Director of HR, Ashley Hoffman, DHS, Deputy Director, Tyler Salley, M.S. '19, Exelon, Sr. Management Development Specialist
- Jan. 19
Sachin Jain, Global Talent Management Centre of Excellence (COE) PepsiCo, Sr. Director Talent Manager
- January 19
Sachin Jain, Sr. Director Talent Management, Global Talent Management Centre of Excellence (COE), PepsiCo, “Organizational diagnostics-employee engagement: How to measure and improve”
- January 19
- April 20
Susan A. Walker, consultant
- April 14
Monique St. Louis, M.S., '05, Division of Human Capital, Centers for Medicaid & CHIP Services, Director
Kecia Rome, M.S., ’08, Office of Strategic Human Capital Management at Social Security Administration, Deputy Executive Director
- April 8
Jay Souder, M.S. ’18, ICF, Workforce Consultant
- April 1
Regan Miller, M.S., '07, OPM, Team Lead
Matthew Ruble, M.S. ’07, Wells Fargo, Vice President - Services Governance Office
- Mar. 31
Yari Randall, M.S., '17, IPMA-HR, Test Development Manager
- Mar. 25
Tyler Sally, M.S. ’19, Exelon, Talent Management & Organizational Development, Strategist
- Mar. 20
Houzz: Adi Tatarko, CEO; and Ana Harris-Padley, the Head of People
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE): Gavin Jensen, Director of Human Resources, Worldwide Sales Groups, and Global Business Operations
- Mar. 19
Facebook:Dr. Anett Gyurak, Research Science Manager; Dr. Anne-Sophie Deprez-Simms, Diversity Analytics Team Director; Dr. Dina Shatnawi, Manager of D&I; and Ms. Emily Anderson, Diversity Insights Partner on the D&I.
Pulse Secure: Sudhakar Ramakrishna, CEO; Joyeta Samanta, Director of Talent Success
- Mar. 18
Numerify: Srikant Gokulnatha, Co-founder and Chief Product Officer; Ted Marks, VP of Finance
Solaredge: Peter Mathews, General Manager of North America
- Mar. 17
CultureAmp: David Ostberg, Co-founder and Product People Scientist; Fresia Jackson, Senior People Scientist (and UBalt graduate); Sahra Kaboli-Nejad, Customer People Scientist; Jessica Brook, Business Operations People Scientist; and Kelsey Hardy, Customer Success Strategist
Salesforce: Adam Mahoney, Employee Success Shared Services Manager
- Mar. 16
Google: Zak Salahieh , Strategy and Integration Program Manager; Jake Redding , Learning Designer and Facilitator for The Google School for Leaders; Jeff Nabity , HR Program Manager; and Nicole Ennen , Surveys and Insights, Cloud Customer Experience Manager
Intuit: Susana Fernandez, Analytics Product Manager; Mohit Jiwnani, Global Talent Development Manager; Sabitha Thomas, Senior Global Immigration specialist; and Mos’ Okedij, Senior Global Learning and Development Partner and Coach
- Feb. 26
Shelby Reichardt, M.S., '18, Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc., Consultant
- April 20
- Sept. 18
Shelby Reichardt, M.S. '18, Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc., Consultant
- Sept. 25
Symone Duarte, M.S. '17, Fannie Mae, OD Analyst
- Oct. 9
Matt Ancona, M.S. '15, The Center for Organizational Excellence, Inc., Senior Consultant- Portfolio Manager
Will Haller, M.S. '17, U.S. Energy Information Administration, Personnel Specialist
- Oct. 23
Noel Jones, M.S. "18, U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Personnel Research Psychologist
Shannon Quaranta, M.S. '17, FMP Consulting, Human Capital Analyst
- Nov. 13
Oscar Andrade, M.S. '19, NORC at the University of Chicago, Survey Operations Analyst
- Dec. 4
David Hamill, M.S. '96, U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, Director of Human Resources
- Sept. 18
- April 24: "Workforce Planing and Reshaping", Regan Miller, OPM, team lead
- April 10: Greg Kowalewski, M.S. '14, Grant Thornton, Manager, LLP, manager
- March 21: István Sallói, General Manager of Zalaegerszeg soccer club, studied abroad at the University of Bordeaux
- Feb. 27: "Post-Graduate School: Careers and Consulting" presented by Will Haller, M.S. '16 and Max White, M.S. '17, FMP Consulting: Human Capital Analysts
- May 2: "The Psychology of Cooperative Competition" presented by Márta Fülöp, Head of the Social and Cultural Psychology Department at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest, and Secretary General of the International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Feb. 27: Janet Yun, PhD, Maryland State Highway Administration, and Adjunct Faculty for UBalt graduate-level courses
- Nov. 29: Career Options in Health Psychology Panel featuring Katie Wright, PhD, a rehabilitation psychologist at the Johns Hopkins Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation program; Antione Taylor, MA, a graduate student at UMBC who researches health disparities of cardiovascular disease and has clinical expertise in neuropsychology; Shayla Thrash, PhD, a postdoctoral fellow at the Baltimore VA's HIV and liver disease program; Caitlin Schaffer, PhD, a pediatric psychologist at Kennedy Krieger Institute; Pam Handelsman, PhD, a pain psychologist at the Baltimore VA
- Nov. 15: Michele Crisafulli, PhD
- Nov. 14: Judah Frank, M.S. '17, Office of Personnel Management
- Nov. 8: Delisa Hall, U.S. Secret Service
- Nov. 8: Saniha Makhzoumi, PhD, postdoctoral fellow at the Johns Hopkins Eating Disorders Program
- Oct. 25: Regan Miller, M.S. '07, Office of Personnel Management
- Sept. 27: Kristi Grimes, M.S. '14, Deloitte
- Sept. 13: Greg Kowalewski, M.S. '14, senior manager, and Joe Ranzau, manager - Baltimore Region at Grant Thornton, LLC
- May 10: Will Haller, M.S. '16, consultant at Federal Management Partners, Inc. (download the PPT Presentation)
- May 3: Erica Merritt, M.S. '10, senior manager, Talent Development at Under Armour, Inc.
- April 19: Jeff Godbout, M.S. '10, industrial-organizational psychology consultant, Research Distillery
- April 13: Zeno Pizzighella, M.S. '15, manager, Organization Development at 14 West, The Agora Companies
- March 15: Joseph Danks, research professor and technical director for Strategic Intelligence Analysis at the University of Maryland, Center for Advanced Study of Language
March 1: Tom Olenchock, M.S. '11, CDR, United States Coast Guard
Nov. 1: Katie Wrenn, M.S. '14, senior consultant, and Dennis Dulaney, senior consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton
Oct. 25: Matt Rupert, M.S. '16 and Adam Taylor, people person, U.S. Postal Services
- Oct. 11: Matt Ruble, M.S. '07, senior manager and Jen Morelli, senior manager, Grant Thornton LLP, and Regan Miller, M.S. '07, human resources specialist - recruitment lead at Defense Logistics Agency, Office of Personnel Management
April 20: Rachael Bohns, M.S. '12, change management analyst, U.S. Government
March 30: Diann Brady, M.S. '15, test developer, Prometric; Shannon Myers, M.S. '14, personnel specialist, State Highway Administration
March 23: Hanna Pillion, M.S. '12, consultant, FMP Consulting
March 16: Dennis Dulaney, strategic human capital management; Kathy Ford, M.S. '14, senior consultant; and Katie Wrenn, M.S. '14, senior consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton
March 2: Regan Miller, M.S. '07, human resources specialist, Workforce and Succession Planning, U.S. Office of Personnel
Nov. 30: "Creating Value and Future of Organizational Consulting"
Matthew Ruble, M.S. '07, senior manager and Jennifer Morelli, experience manager, Grant Thornton, LLC
Nov. 23: "Global Clients; Reducing Involvement and Termination"
David Hamill, VP, global talent acquisition , Mariott, Int'l
Nov. 16: "Consulting to Public, Non-Profit Sectors"
Sam Walters, managing director & practice lead, IMPAQ International; Susan White, Ph.D.
Nov. 9: "Giving, Managing, and Implementing"
Torrey Owens, CEO and founder, Strategic Development Associates
Nov. 2: "Consultant: Client Relationship and the Clients' Views"
Ken Ridgley, vice president, Test Development, Prometric
Oct. 26: "Change Management and Resistance"
Rich Cober, vice president - Brand, Marketing, Sales, and Consumer Services HR, Marriott, Int'l
Oct. 12: " Discovery, Framing, and Gathering Data "
Peter Leeds, research psychologist, United States Merit Systems Protection Board;and adjunct professor, University of Baltimore
Oct. 5: "Contracting and Proposal Writing"
Michelle Deneau, director, HR Business Intelligence, Intuit
Sept. 28: "Contracting and Proposal Writing"
Heather Doggett, director, Visitor Programs and Staff Training, National Aquarium
Sept. 21: "Consultants: Types, Skills and Values"
Todd Walther, global talent development leader, Merkle, Inc
April 2015: "Establishing university-to-university cooperation"
Barbara Kozusznik , University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland; Jeanne-Pierre Neveu, University of Pau-Bayonnes, France; Jose Maria Peiro , University of Valencia, Spain
Oct. 2014: "Independent and interdependent construal of self"
Benjamin Voyer , ESCP Europe Business School, London, UK
Oct. 2013: "Leadership and work stress"
Rita Berger , University of Barcelona, Spain
Oct. 2011: "Development and validation of the Valencia Eustress-Distress Appraisal Scale (VEDAS)"
Malgorzata Kozusznik , University of Valencia, Spain