Assurance of Learning: M.F.A. in Integrated Design
The Master of Fine Arts in Integrated Design offers innovative graduate study in graphic and media design, a profession that demands constant reinvention. The program curriculum provides a theoretical and conceptual base while it develops students' practical and technological skills to design across a broad range of media, including print, video and digital platforms. It enhances their ability to maintain currency in those skills and prepares them for lifelong practice. The MFA degree offers graduates opportunities for professional advancement and for teaching at the university level.
Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduating from the M.F.A. in Integrated Design program, students will be able to:
- construct creative, concept-based solutions to communication problems
- design across a wide range of media
- critique all aspects of design across a range of media
- synthesize research related to design in contemporary culture
- manage a communications project from initial consultation through production and delivery.