Digital. Social. Mobile. Communication as we know it has changed for good.
Among the best.
Our B.S. in Digital Communication program is ranked #10 among the 25 best bachelor's in digital communications for 2021, according to BachelorsDegreeCenter.com.
Digital, mobile and social media are now integral to the communication strategies of businesses, nonprofit organizations and government agencies. Employers are looking to hire communication specialists versed in writing, marketing and production as they relate to the technologies of the 21st century. Develop expertise in strategy, writing and design for digital media and become an asset to any business or organization.
In this Bachelor of Arts program, you'll:
- learn how to write and design effectively for digital media
- explore the impact of digital technologies on 21st-century communication, business, arts and culture
- examine business applications of digital media
- perfect strategies for informing and persuading audiences
- think critically and creatively to solve problems and adapt to new technology environments.
How it works:
You'll take a set of seven core courses that provide a broad-based, practical understanding of communication in the 21st century, exploring the history, theory and impact of communication media, especially digital and social media.
You'll also choose an area of focus:
- Media Design & Production
- Digital Theory & Culture
- Public Relations & Social Media
- Media Writing.
The courses you take for your focus area will be determined by you and your adviser, based on entrance qualifications and career objectives. You'll supplement your digital communication major courses with general electives and general education studies.
Life after college:
You'll be prepared to launch a career such as:
- audio/video producer
- communication specialist
- events planner
- graphic designer
- marketing director
- media/public relations specialist
- project manager
- social media specialist
- technical writer
- Web designer
- to work as a freelance communication specialist or consultant
- to go on to graduate school in nearly any field, but especially in digital communication and culture.
Kimberlee Jenkins, Digital Communication student
Kimberlee wanted to expand her photography prowess while broadening her design skills. Learn how UBalt’s Digital Communication program helped. Apply now.
Prepare to enter the digitally-oriented 21st century workforce
Watch this short webinar with program director Kyle Meikle to learn more about what makes the B.A. in Digital Communication such a unique program.
For more information about undergraduate admission, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.877.ApplyUB.