Public Affairs Career Community
UB Career Communities are organized by academic major and offer career resources related to a specific industry. Each Career Community is led by a career specialist in the Career and Professional Development Center. Register on UBworks (accessible through MyUB) to stay connected with your career specialist, schedule an individual career coaching session, sign up for emails with industry-related job and internship postings and learn about upcoming special events.
Meet your career coach.
Leah Marousek, M.Ed.
Career and Professional Development Center
UB Student Center, Room 306
- Criminal Justice
- Health and Human Services
- Public and International Affairs
Manage your career with UBworks.
UBworks is a comprehensive online database to assist you in finding job and internship opportunities that match your interests. After registering and creating a profile, you can:
- search for available jobs and internships
- use templates to build your resume
- explore industries through a career explorer
- find events and resources
- book appointments or chat virtually with career coaches
- see employment announcements posted by employers.
Get started today by logging in to MyUB and clicking the UBworks icon under "Tools."
Watch career advice videos.
Get tips on starting a job search, networking, interviewing, negotiating a salary and more from leading recruiters on our CareerSpots portal. These short videos help you know what to wear, say and do during interviews and while networking.