CPA Student Professional Development Grants
In an effort to enhance student professional development, the College of Public Affairs offers grants to assist students who wish to attend conferences, professional meetings or trainings. Students are eligible for a single grant for up to $500 in the academic year. The grants support airfare, car mileage, overnight stay, registration or fee for a banquet.
To apply for a CPA Student Professional Development Grant:
- Fill out the online travel request form.
- Select “Dean’s Office” in the school section, and “Student Travel” in the travel category section.
- You must demonstrate your role in the event, i.e., participant, presenter, networking, etc.
- You must demonstrate in the application the value of the experience to your education and professional development as well as benefits to the college; this can be done in the “Impact” section of the online form (1-2 paragraphs).
- Fill out estimated costs for travel and total funds requested.
- Provide a short letter or email of support from a faculty member to accompany the application. The email should be forwarded to email@example.com.
- After submitting the online application, you will be notified within 10 business days of the status of the request. Grants will be awarded on the basis of the benefit of the funds to the student and the college. Please submit the application at least four weeks prior to the date of travel.
- Upon completion of the trip and presentation of receipts for reimbursement, you must also provide a 1-2 page summary of the event and reflection on the value of the experience to you.
- The college does not prepay expenses and will reimburse upon the submission of forms and receipts. Please allow up to 6-7 weeks for payment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-837-5359, for any questions regarding the grant application.