COVID-19 OPERATIONAL STATUS:
TEXTBOOKS FROM ONLINE STORE:
The textbook vendor, MBS Direct is still fully functional, including the customer service phone line 1-800-325-3252, which is available 24/7 daily, except major holidays. As you know, UB's bookstore is fully online; the website to purchase textbooks is available, and books will still be mailed directly to UB and Shady Grove students. Textbook credit is still being processed through the UB Student Portal. Here is more information about how to place an order, where to obtain textbook and campus store credit, and how to return rental textbooks. Other helpful links are in the left hand menu.
Also, faculty textbook adoptions are still being taken here. More helpful links are available in the left hand menu. For textbook adoption questions such as more recent editions, you may contact Sean Dennehy at MBDirect.
VIRTUAL CAMPUS STORE UPDATE:
The Hive is operational online. School supplies, headphones, backpacks, laptops, and UB apparel can all be purchased online here ; some items can also be shipped directly from the vendor. If you need assistance with matters for the campus store, you may contact Tyrell Hill, the onsite store manager.Veterans who need assistance with the purchase of a computer may also contact Tyrell Hill.
USE OF FINANCIAL AID FOR TEXTBOOKS AND THE ONLINE CAMPUS STORE
CAMPUS STORE CREDIT is used to buy school supplies, headphones, backpacks, laptops, and UB apparel through the virtual campus store, including items shipped directly from the vendor. Apply for credit through the Portal, and read more here and FAQs here. Note that if additional credit is needed to buy a computer that you may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Welcome to the UB campus store
Here's where you'll find everything you need to start your classes. Ready? Let's go!
Get Your UB Spirit!
Looking for UB-branded apparel and gifts? That perfect item that says "UB is my favorite place"? Visit The Hive and "Bee" a part of our community!
use your campus store credit
Use your campus store credit at The Hive for all your supplies.
buying or renting course materials online - here's how
Visit this site to order online.
Add your courses in the course materials tool.
Choose Rent or Buy your pre-loaded materials.
Select your preferred shipping option and go to checkout.
Check your email for a confirmation. Any order over $59 ships for free!
DIPLOMA FRAME UPDATE:
Frames ordered from CHURCH HILL CLASSIC (usually larger frames, masters' degrees):
- Vendor is experiencing delays of about one month as the result of COVID-19. Customer service contact information is below for customers to check their order status.
- Look up order: https://www.diplomaframe.com/customer-service.aspx
- Customer Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service Phone: 800.477.9005
Frames ordered from FRAMING SUCCESS (usually smaller frames):
Vendor is experiencing delays of about one month as the result of COVID-19. Customer service contact information is below for customers to check their order status.
Look up order/contact form:
Customer Service Email: email@example.com
Customer Service Phone: 800.677.3726
Frames ordered through The Hive Campus Store:
June 26, 2020: Orders are up to date, and drop-ship orders have been processed.
Email Contact: SM557@bncollege.com
DIPLOMA, CAP AND GOWN REFUNDS:
- Diploma frames will still be delivered to students, or students may request a refund.
- Barnes & Noble will give a full refund for all cap, gown, tassel other graduation attire purchased, with receipt, as long as the items are not damaged.
- The offer to refund will be honored until the time of graduation, whenever that may take place, even if the ceremony is held virtually.
- To obtain a refund, students need to bring the purchased items, which may be opened but are still in sellable condition, with receipt and the credit card used for payment, to the campus store.
- It is anticipated that some students may want to keep the cap and tassel to commemorate graduation. Since the cap and tassel are purchased as part of a set with the gown, the graduation garb vendor is in the process of resolving how to price individual components such that a partial refund can be made.The campus store is closed until further notice, however, as soon as the store reopens, students may bring items in for a full refund.
OTHER CAMPUS STORE INFORMATION:
- The Hive campus store is closed until further notice. Barnes & Noble is still fully operational though not on campus, and the refund policy has not changed.
- The website is still operational. Store pickup will not be available until further notice, and shipping will be the only option for online purchases.
- The store manager is working remotely to assist the campus, address needs, and seek solutions to unforeseen circumstances. The store manager may be reached at SM557@bncollege.com.
Welcome to The UB Bookstore!
To better serve our students, the UB Bookstore is TOTALLY online. Our textbook partner, MBS Direct offers a wide range of options, saving you up to 90 percent. MBS Direct provides options such as new and used books, textbook rentals, and e-books. Students can buy and sell, rent and return, and arrange for delivery of every book they’ll need, using bookstore credit in exactly the same ways. We are also offering fast, FREE shipping on orders over $59.00.
Supplies Credit: Use Financial Aid to Buy School Supplies, Backpacks and Computers
If you are concerned about having funds to purchase supplies such as school supplies, Scantrons, Bluebooks, a backpack or a computer, we encourage you to sign up for the Supplies Credit program to use at The Hive (Textbook Credit, a separate program, is for textbooks at the virtual store). You'll find the link to sign up directly below My Student Center in the MyUB portal . See the financial aid calendar for information about when you can sign up for the Textbook Credit and/or Supplies Credit programs.