A free service for the UB campus community.
Where does the shuttle go?
- Provides service to the Maryland Avenue and Fitzgerald Garages, State Center Metro and other stops
- Look for a white 12-passenger bus with blue UB logos, or a red University of Maryland bus with signage to indicate it's serving temporarily as the UB shuttle
- The hub is the Academic Center bus shelter. The shuttle lays over at the Academic Center and at State Center Metro.
When does the shuttle operate?
to Maryland Avenue and Fitzgerald Garages, and State Center Metro
When classes are in session:
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
When the University is open, but classes are not in session:
Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 2 buses Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- 1 bus Friday 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday one bus waits ("stages") at Academic Center as of 5:45 p.m. while the other continues on the 601 route; both buses wait at the Academic Center as of 8:15 p.m.
- Friday staging at Academic Center as of 3 p.m.
- Staging means bus(es) will wait for riders and then immediately transport them directly to the needed destination.
Note: If the campus is closed for any reason such as a holiday, winter break, inclement weather or other emergency, the shuttles will not operate. When the campus is open, but classes are not in session, the shuttles operate on a limited schedule as noted above.
How can NextBus tell me when the next shuttle will arrive?
NextBus monitors the shuttles using GPS and constantly updates arrival times based on current conditions. You can find this information:
- on the University's mobile site (click the "Next Shuttle" icon)
- at www.nextbus.com; select University of Baltimore, then the stop number (on the blue sign at the shuttle stop)
- by sending a text message to 41411 with the message "nbus ubalt" and the stop number (example: nbus ubalt 06). You'll receive a text message immediately with the next two predicted arrival times.
Can I rent a shuttle for my UB event?
Yes, through University of Maryland Charter Service. To do so:
- Visit the charter service's website.
- Contact Rob Shearman, 301.314.7271, to arrange service.
- All trips must be for official University business. Payment must be made by UB-issued purchasing card.
Note: The UB shuttles may not be used for special events while scheduled to operate on their regular routes; the shuttles are operated for the purpose of transporting the campus community to class to class and work. The shuttle bus from the UB campus route may be rented on weekends and when classes are not in session only; seating capacity is up to 20 passengers, with access for three wheelchairs.