A free service for the UB campus community.
Announcement: The shuttle stop has been permanently moved to the Student Center.
Need to know when the next shuttle will arrive: CLICK HERE
Where does the shuttle go?
Route 601: State Center
schedule and map
- Provides service to the Maryland Avenue and Fitzgerald Garages, State Center Metro and other stops
- Look for a white 12-passenger bus with blue UB logos, or a red University of Maryland bus with signage to indicate it's serving temporarily as the UB shuttle
- The hub is in front of the Student Center. The shuttle lays over at the Student Center, and at State Center Metro.
When does the shuttle operate?
to Maryland Avenue and Fitzgerald Garages, and State Center Metro
When classes are in session:
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
When the University is open, but classes are not in session:
Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 1 bus Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- 1 bus Friday 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday the bus waits ("stages") at Student Center, as of 8:15 p.m, and takes passengers immediately to either garage, State Center Metro and all UB shuttle stops.
- Friday staging at the Student Center, as of 3 p.m. to transport passengers immediately to either garage, State Center Metro and all UB shuttle stops.
Evening On-Demand Service:
- Evenings Only: Riders may also request a ride to Penn Station or Mt. Royal Light Rail on-demand.
Note: If the campus is closed for any reason such as a holiday, winter break, inclement weather or other emergencies, the shuttles will not operate. When the campus is open, but classes are not in session, the shuttles operate on a limited schedule as noted above.
How can NextBus tell me when the next shuttle will arrive?
NextBus monitors the shuttles using GPS and constantly updates arrival times based on current conditions. You can find this information:
- on the University's mobile site (click the "Next Shuttle" icon)
- at www.nextbus.com select the down arrow in the blue box at the top, then select "University of Maryland" [Do Not select "University of Baltimore"; the vendor has not removed the former UB link and it's not valid.]. Enter or select the stop number (which is also indicated on the blue sign at each shuttle stop). Updates can be sent via text, phone or email.
- by sending a text message to 41411 with the message "nbus ubalt" and the stop number (example: nbus ubalt 06). You'll receive a text message immediately with the next two predicted arrival times.
- you can set email or web NextBus alerts to be sent to you automatically at the time you usually arrive on or leave the campus at "My NextBus" in the left hand menu. The alert will inform you when the next bus will arrive.
- You can enroll in email or text alerts for service alerts such as route delays for mechanical failure or inclement weather at "My NextBus".
- Here is the screenshot for the page to enroll in NextBus alerts:
Can I rent a shuttle for my UB event?
Yes, through the Charter Department at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- You may visit the Charter Department's website for more information and to submit a request.
- For questions, please contact email@example.com.
- All trips must be for official University business. Payment must be made by UB-issued purchasing card.
Note: The UB shuttles may not be used for special events while scheduled to operate on their regular routes; the shuttles are operated for the purpose of transporting the campus community to class to class and work. The shuttle bus from the UB campus route may be rented on weekends and when classes are not in session only; seating capacity is up to 20 passengers, with access for three wheelchairs.