Shuttle Routes at a Glance
- Maryland Avenue Garage, Fitzgerald Garage, State Center Metro Subway and more
- hub/layover: Academic Center bus shelter
- North Charles Street, Saint Paul Street, John and Frances Angelos Law Center and more
- hub/layover: Penn Station
A free service for the UB campus community.
Temporary Shuttle Stop for Wednesday, September 2:
Mt. Royal Avenue will be closed while UB Rec Day, and its set-up and breakdown are in progress. During the street closure, the 601 shuttle (parking garages and State Center) will pick up and drop off at the corner of Mt. Royal and Maryland Avenues, on the Lyric side. A sign will be posted on a pole on the corner to indicate the location of the temporary bus stop; another sign will be posted in the bus shelter in front of the Academic Center to remind riders of the temporary location. The 602 route will not be affected by the event. As soon as the street reopens, the Academic Center stop will return to use.
View the campus map with shuttle stops indicated.
Where does the shuttle go?
- provides service to the Maryland Avenue and Fitzgerald garages, State Center Metro and other stops
- The hub is the Academic Center bus shelter. The shuttle lays over at the hub.
- operates along North Charles and Saint Paul streets, Monday-Thursday when classes are in session
- A bus stop is located at the John and Frances Angelos Law Center, and the hub is the next stop at Penn Station, where the shuttle lays over.
When does the shuttle operate?
When classes are in session:
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
When classes are not in session:
Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
When classes are in session, fall and spring only:*
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
Friday: no service
* In May, service for the 602 concludes on the day of commencement. Service resumes in August on the day law orientation begins.
Note: If the campus is closed for any reason such as a holiday, winter break, inclement weather or other emergency, the shuttles will not operate. When the campus is open, but classes are not in session, the shuttles operate on a limited schedule as noted above.
How can NextBus tell me when the next shuttle will arrive?
NextBus monitors the shuttles using GPS and constantly updates arrival times based on current conditions. You can find this information:
- on LED screens around campus:
outside the Academic Center, on the wall behind the bus shelter
Fitzgerald Garage, above the cashier's booth
Maryland Avenue Garage, above the cashier's booth
Maryland Avenue Garage, above the pay-on-foot station in the elevator lobby
- on the University's mobile site (click the "Next Shuttle" icon)
- at www.nextbus.com; select University of Baltimore, then the stop number (on the blue sign at the shuttle stop)
- by calling 410.509.5888, then entering the stop number on your keypad
- by sending a text message to 41411 with the message "nbus ubalt" and the stop number (example: nbus ubalt 06). You'll receive a text message immediately with the next two predicted arrival times.
Can I rent a shuttle for my UB event?
Yes, through University of Maryland Charter Service. To do so:
- Visit the charter service's website.
- Contact Rob Shearman, 301.314.7271, to arrange service.
- All trips must be for official University business. Payment must be made by UB-issued purchasing card.
Note: The UB shuttles may not be used for special events while scheduled to operate on their regular routes; the shuttles are operated for the purpose of transporting the campus community to class to class and work. The shuttle bus from the UB campus route may be rented on weekends and when classes are not in session only; seating capacity is up to 20 passengers, with access for three wheelchairs.