A free service for the UB campus community.
View the campus map with shuttle stops indicated.
Where does the shuttle go?
When does the shuttle operate?
When classes are in session:
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. When classes are not in session:
Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Pilot Saturday Service: 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
May 20, 2017, except when closed for holidays
- 2 buses Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- 1 bus Friday 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 1 bus Saturday 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (pilot service program)
- Monday-Thursday staging at Academic Center for one bus as of 5:45 p.m., both buses as of 8:15 p.m.
- Friday staging at Academic Center as of 3 p.m.
- Saturday staging at Academic Center as of 3 p.m.
- Staging means bus(es) will wait for riders and then immediately transport them directly to the needed destination, then return to the staging area.
Note: If the campus is closed for any reason such as a holiday, winter break, inclement weather or other emergency, the shuttles will not operate. When the campus is open, but classes are not in session, the shuttles operate on a limited schedule as noted above.
How can NextBus tell me when the next shuttle will arrive?
NextBus monitors the shuttles using GPS and constantly updates arrival times based on current conditions. You can find this information:
- on LED screens around campus:
outside the Academic Center, on the wall behind the bus shelter
Fitzgerald Garage, above the cashier's booth
Maryland Avenue Garage, above the cashier's booth
Maryland Avenue Garage, above the pay-on-foot station in the elevator lobby
- on the University's mobile site (click the "Next Shuttle" icon)
- at www.nextbus.com; select University of Baltimore, then the stop number (on the blue sign at the shuttle stop)
- by calling 410.509.5888, then entering the stop number on your keypad
- by sending a text message to 41411 with the message "nbus ubalt" and the stop number (example: nbus ubalt 06). You'll receive a text message immediately with the next two predicted arrival times.
Can I rent a shuttle for my UB event?
Yes, through University of Maryland Charter Service. To do so:
- Visit the charter service's website.
- Contact Rob Shearman, 301.314.7271, to arrange service.
- All trips must be for official University business. Payment must be made by UB-issued purchasing card.
Note: The UB shuttles may not be used for special events while scheduled to operate on their regular routes; the shuttles are operated for the purpose of transporting the campus community to class to class and work. The shuttle bus from the UB campus route may be rented on weekends and when classes are not in session only; seating capacity is up to 20 passengers, with access for three wheelchairs.