- Select/confirm your major.
- Meet with your academic adviser.
- Get to know a faculty member.
- Find a mentor.
- Keep in contact with friends from last year.
- Become an active member of a student organization.
- Visit the Career and Professional Development Center.
- Find an internship or field related work.
- Explore study abroad programs.
- Finalize your resume and cover letter.
Congratulations on completing your first year of college! Now what?
Your second year of college is an important time in your college career. During the sophomore year, classes become more challenging and the novelty of college has worn off.
Here are a few questions a sophomore might ask:
- Why do I have more questions than I did when I first started college?
- Does everyone else have this figured out?
- How do I know this major is for me?
- How do I keep up the fun I had last year?
Transitions between freshman and sophomore year
The Sophomore Experience is designed to assist you transition into you second year at the University of Baltimore. Take advantage of support from your classmates and professors and utilize all of the services that UB has to offer.