As part of the hiring process, all new employees must complete the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification online. The Form I-9 is mandated by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This Form is used to verify an employee's identity and to establish an employee's eligibility to work in the U.S. The employee MUST complete the Form I-9 online prior to their first day of employment. On the first day of employment Regular employees will then present their documents to a representative of Human Resources to verify their eligibility for employment. Contract employees must provide their documents prior to their first day of employment. The University of Baltimore has partnered with Equifax to maintain the Form I-9.
There are two steps to completing the Form I-9 Verification:
Complete the Form I-9 through the Equifax I-9 Management portal. (Click here for downloadable instructions.)
- Log in to Equifax I-9 Management.
- Enter the system-generated captcha.
- Read through the form and complete Section 1.
- When you are finished, click the Continue button.
- Review the information you have entered for accuracy. Check the Electronic Signature box, then Continue.
- Your I-9 has been recorded. You may choose to print and/or email the page as receipt of its completion.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to review the documents that will need to be provided to HR.
- Click Logout to end your session.
Present your supporting documentation/identification. Click for a list of acceptable documents.
- You must bring your documentation to HR during our normal business hours. HR is located on the 3rd floor of 1319 N. Charles Street, on the corner of Mt.Royal and Charles Street. If you cannot report to HR during the posted hours, please contact us at 410.837.5410 or email@example.com to schedule another time. Please note that all documentation must be the originals; we cannot accept photocopies.