Skip to content
Main Content

Follow these procedures if you are a UB student who wishes to take courses at another campus or a visiting student who would like to take courses at UB through one of our collaborative programs.

Eligible Schools and Programs

If the institution your are interested in attending is not on this list, please contact

School eligible programs AND Related FORMS
Bowie State University
Coppin State University
Frostburg State University
The Johns Hopkins University
Maryland Institute College of Art
Salisbury University
Towson University
University of Maryland, Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Maryland, College Park
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
University of Maryland University College

Registration Procedures

  • Eligibility and Restrictions

    All Students (UB Students and Visiting Students)
    • Registration for courses through inter-institutional enrollment is on a space-available basis.
    • Visiting students are expected to meet prerequisites or other criteria set by the host institutions.
    • Tuition and fees are paid at the home institution.
    • Students are responsible for paying the additional fees associated with certain courses (e.g. studio fees, lab fees, books, study materials, etc.).
    • Students are responsible for special permissions, parking and other fees at the host institution.
    • Students must comply with the host institution's registration periods and deadlines.
    • Continuing education courses cannot be taken through inter-institutional enrollment.
    Undergraduate Students
    • Students must have sophomore standing.
    • Students must be in good academic standing.
    • Students must be enrolled full time in a degree program at the University of Baltimore for the semester in which the course(s) are taken. Full-time status is defined as the combination of credits registered for at University of Baltimore, and the registered credits at the host institution.
    • Students must have the approval of their advising college for the course to count as resident credit.
    Graduate Students
    • Students must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
    • Students must have the approval of their graduate program director or graduate adviser for the course to count as resident credit.

  • Registration Procedures for UB Students Taking Classes Elsewhere

    1. Read all policies and restrictions of the inter-institutional enrollment program. Students are responsible to abide by the policies and restrictions of the program.
    2. Contact the department(s) offering the course(s) at the institution you plan to take the course(s) to determine if special permission is needed. If so, you will need to obtain permission. This can be in an email or on department letterhead.
    3. Download the Application for Inter-Institutional Enrollment.
    4. Complete the form and obtain the required approvals and signatures.
      • In the "Registration Information" section, the course information requested refers to the class(es) you wish to take at the host institution. Please consult the host institution's schedule of classes for this information.
      • Undergraduate students must obtain approval from their adviser. Graduate students must obtain approval from the graduate program director or graduate adviser.
    5. Return the completed application to the UB's Office of the University Registrar for verification and final approval.
    6. Registration will be processed and you will be registered in placeholder courses at UB to reflect the number of credits you wish to take at the host institution. This is for billing and enrollment purposes only, and does NOT guarantee course availability at the other institution. Registration will be according to the host's institutional policies and deadlines.
    7. If the course is cancelled, if you want to change or drop the course, or if you are unable to get approval to enroll, contact the University of Baltimore inter-institutional registration coordinator at immediately. They will notify the host institution and make the appropriate changes. Failure to notify the coordinator could result in failing grades assigned to your record.
    8. At the end of the semester, grades for inter-institutional course(s) are sent to UB's Office of the University Registrar by the visited institutions in the form of an official transcript. These grades are updated into the student's record and the grades and credits will appear on your official transcript.
  • Registration Procedures for Students Who Are Visiting UB

    1. Contact the inter-institutional registration coordinator at your home institution to complete required paperwork and obtain information on registration procedures.
    2. For courses that require permission or approval. This information is indicated on the individual course listings in the schedule of classes. Students must contact the instructor and department for permission.
    3. Visiting students are registered on a first-come, first-served basis and will be notified by email confirming the registration.
    4. If the course is cancelled, or if you want to change or drop the course, you must contact the inter-institutional registration coordinators at both your home institution and UB immediately. Failure to do so could result in a failing grade assigned to your record.
Last Published 11/8/17