The University of Baltimore: Knowledge That Works
The University of Baltimore is the public undergraduate, graduate and professional University located in the heart of the state's largest city. UB's schools and colleges provide real-world education in business, law, public affairs and the applied arts and sciences.
The City as Your Classroom
UB is connected and committed to its urban environment. Working closely with students, UB faculty:
- train nonprofit leaders
- assist government agencies in performance assessment
- archive historical records
- organize comprehensive interventions to reduce school truancy
- provide access to information technology
- offer legal research and advice
- conduct large-scale labor force analyses and economic evaluations
- help design new products for small business
- conduct a host of other community-focused projects.
Baltimore: A Top-10 College Town
According to the American Institute of Economic Research, Baltimore—known as "Charm City
"—ranks in the top 10 in a study of large U.S. cities that are the best places to attend college. The city joins New York,San Francisco, Boston, Washington, Seattle, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and a handful of others in providing an inspiring academic environment, good quality of life and many professional opportunities for college students of all types.